Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Don Ho

Phillies starters posted a 0.39 ERA (one earned run in 23 1/3 innings) this weekend against the Mets.  They struck out 26 and walked 5.

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Came across this on Twitter tonight.  At least the Phils do SOMETHING (somewhat?) right...

https://twitter.com/MiLBAdvocates/status/1409194428384825348

MDS

all the housing stipends sure helped alec bohm
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

How the farg doesn't a team pay for the hotels for their farm teams?

General_Failure

Is this your first time visiting Corporate America?

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

It may be one of the most egregious things I've read when it comes to the corporate ass fargings.

I knew they shafted them on pay but didn't realize the guys they pay minimum wage to have to cover their rooms too

MDS

thats just for home...for road games they get motel rooms and meal money but its generally zesty motels and barely enough to cover a burger at applebees.

teams, like the phillies, have started either outright paying for home lodging or giving the players something toward it. it should be a no brainer to always do that. there are tons of stories out there of minor leaguers living like 8 to an apt because they legit do not make enough to cover a normal rent.

most dont get paid for ST unless theyre on the 40
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

It's got to be damn near impossible to even find an apartment for the time that the players need it, much less pay for it on their meager salaries.

Housing prices in my area are through the roof.  I can't imagine a player for the Fort Myers Miracle Mighty Mussels coming close unless they're living communal style.

MDS

it is damn near impossible

most players dont know where theyre going until a few days before...then they dont know how long theyre going to stay there. you can resign a lease on june 1, then june 2 be promoted or demoted or cut or traded. its an unstable life not conducive to normal things. and most of the players wont come close to making big league money.

PhillyPhreak54

Don Ho

That all just happened in 30 minutes?

Nick Maton on the mound

farg THIS TEAM really, just farg them
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Never thought we'd top the debacles we saw at Citi Field this weekend but this takes the cake.

Geowhizzer

MDS

Its pretty impressive to be this pathetic

On the bright side games like this put dombo closer to blowing it up which of course they should've done last winter