Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

its not what anyone wants to hear but they really should do a full scale tear down...eat the bryce contract, eat the wheeler one, trade them for what you can

suck for 3-4 years and hope whoever the next pres/gm combo are know how to actually build a farm system. as constructed the phillies cannot compete with atlanta or wash
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Back to the small market Phillies.

SD

Quote from: MDS on October 14, 2020, 08:16:55 PM
its not what anyone wants to hear but they really should do a full scale tear down...eat the bryce contract, eat the wheeler one, trade them for what you can

suck for 3-4 years and hope whoever the next pres/gm combo are know how to actually build a farm system. as constructed the phillies cannot compete with atlanta or wash

So repeat exactly what they did the past 5 years

MDS

basically, just draft better

they bottomed out and came out of that with basically a mid rotation starter (nola). everyone else sucks. howard and bohm have potential but they were picked a bit later in the process.

they were actively tanking and took corny randy-moniak-haseley 3 straight years. you couldnt try to draft worse.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

They can draft better and still field a decent team. I'm not thrilled with the current roster makeup but add some bp help and they can at least be competitive.

MDS

they need
2-3 high level relievers
a catcher
a shortstop
a mid-level starting pitcher

cigar man has the cash for this but hes not going to spend it. its also a stupid way to build a team. realistically speaking they tried to rebuild, failed, and now need to start back over.

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

Phillies BP sent Bryan Price into retirement.

Lol

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 18, 2020, 05:44:16 PM
Phillies BP sent Bryan Price into retirement.

Lol

They don't need a coach. They need a witch doctor... or a faith healer... or an exorcist.

Geowhizzer

How time flies.  9-year-old me thought this could happen every year. 

https://twitter.com/NBCSPhilly/status/1318923243328339968

Don Ho

Oh man, Marty Bystrom's fro was a thing of beauty.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Geowhizzer

Apparently, Andy MacPhail will "speak to the media" tomorrow at 3pm.

Geowhizzer

MDS

the angels and marlins (sorry marginanssi) hired gms

the phillies aint got no time for that shtein