ConcreteBoard

Advanced search

News:

Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 262   Go Down

Author Topic: Phillies  (Read 45524 times)

MDS

• Anti-Collar Popper
  • Inept Security Guard
  • this guy
Re: Phillies
« Reply #3870 on: May 22, 2020, 03:24:10 PM »

tied for the highest rated ws ever...g6 is the 2nd most watched game ever. behind?

*get your guesses in*

g7 1986
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

• 2005 Eagles Mock Draft Champ
  • Inept Security Guard
  • I'm the fastest.
« Reply #3871 on: May 22, 2020, 05:11:49 PM »

It's the 1980 World Series on the MLB network.

DirecTV <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Florida Storms

"A great many of those who 'debunk' traditional...values have in the background values of their own which they believe to be immune from the debunking process."

--C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

PhillyPhreak54

• 2005 NFL 1st Round Mock Draft Champ
  • Inept Security Guard
  • Five Fo Will Kill You
« Reply #3872 on: May 23, 2020, 11:38:44 PM »

tied for the highest rated ws ever...g6 is the 2nd most watched game ever. behind?

*get your guesses in*

g7 1986

MDS

• Anti-Collar Popper
  • Inept Security Guard
  • this guy
« Reply #3873 on: May 24, 2020, 10:50:53 AM »

*get your guesses in*

g7 1986

thats up there, but 5 mil off. in fact its the last series where a game reached 40 million until the cubs g7. 1991 g6 has 40...2 years later the joe carter game had 29...last year g6 had 16.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

• Inept Security Guard
  • I'm the fastest.
« Reply #3874 on: May 28, 2020, 05:28:33 PM »

Mike Schmidt retired 31 years ago today.

Damn, I'm getting old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=bqfPn5hWJsU&feature=emb_title

"A great many of those who 'debunk' traditional...values have in the background values of their own which they believe to be immune from the debunking process."

PhillyPhreak54

• Inept Security Guard
  • Five Fo Will Kill You
« Reply #3875 on: May 28, 2020, 11:34:42 PM »

Damn. I remember we drove back to PA to start summer vacay and got to my grandparents house just in time to see the press conference. Believe they were in San Diego?

Don Ho

• Inept Security Guard
  • "SWING AND A MISS. STRUCK HIM OUT!"
    • http://www.concretefield.com/uploads/Mad-Lad/donho.gif
« Reply #3876 on: May 29, 2020, 01:12:20 AM »

I came home for lunch that day and turned on Sportscenter and I'll never forget him crying uncontrollably at the press conference.  I know he was an ass during his playing days but a buddy of mine was at that celebrity golf tournament at Lake Tahoe about 15 years ago with his kid and said Schmidt was a class act.  His kid, 10 at the time, tried to get Billy Joe Tolliever's autograph at the putting green.  Tolliever clearly ignored the kid and gave some lame ass excuse and brushed him off.  Total prick and a nobody.  Schmitty was right there, saw the whole thing and came over to the kid and talked baseball with him for 5 minutes, gave him an autograph, took a picture with the him and gave him an autographed golf glove.  When my friend first said "I have a Mike Schmidt story" I was expecting the worst.  Pleasant surprise.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

• Inept Security Guard
  • "SWING AND A MISS. STRUCK HIM OUT!"
    • http://www.concretefield.com/uploads/Mad-Lad/donho.gif
« Reply #3877 on: May 29, 2020, 01:25:00 AM »

3/4 of you weren't born or were in diapers but I remember how bad Michael Jack played in the 1983 WS vs. Baltimore.  Just looked it up:

Schmidt led his team with a .467 batting average and scored five runs as they defeated the Los Angeles Dodgers in the 1983 National League Championship Series. It was, however, a much different story against the Baltimore Orioles in the 1983 World Series. The Phillies were held to a .195 team batting average; Schmidt went just 1-for-20 with a single.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

• Inept Security Guard
  • TOUCHDOWN!
« Reply #3878 on: May 29, 2020, 10:49:27 AM »

Can't blame Schmidt too much. No one else on that team was hitting all year, check out the stats. He carried them to the WS offensively.

The Phillies were held to a .195 team batting average

Orioles only had 4 more hits than the Phils. Dead ball WS.

Geowhizzer

• Inept Security Guard
  • I'm the fastest.
« Reply #3879 on: June 08, 2020, 05:34:25 PM »

31 years ago today, Steve Jeltz hit 40% of his lifetime total of home runs:

PhillyPhreak54

• Inept Security Guard
  • Five Fo Will Kill You
« Reply #3880 on: June 09, 2020, 12:11:59 AM »

Loved that clip.

Larry McWilliams
Steve Ontiveros
Kruk wearing 11
Nick Leyva thinking getting Tommy Herr rest was important
Jeltz going off
Ken Howell and Bob Sebra
Ground balls catching the lip of the base cutouts and zipping into the OF

MDS

• Anti-Collar Popper
  • Inept Security Guard
  • this guy
« Reply #3881 on: June 09, 2020, 08:34:34 PM »

in the midst of zo's roy halladay bio. really good. zo is a b/b- writer but hes a great reporter and is killing it on that end. fun and telling stories, including a rehash of the trade that got him to philly and me in boiling in anger all over again over that asinine cliff lee trade to seattle

amaro threw monty under the bus and said he made him do it...but hes the one who didnt plan for it and threw together a deal in 5 seconds for 3 piece of garbage a ball prospects. bonjour, comment allez-vous vous morceau de merde phillippe aumont

Geowhizzer

• Inept Security Guard
  • I'm the fastest.
« Reply #3882 on: June 10, 2020, 09:44:42 PM »

Geowhizzer

• Inept Security Guard
  • I'm the fastest.
« Reply #3883 on: June 10, 2020, 10:14:23 PM »

MDS

• Anti-Collar Popper
  • Inept Security Guard
  • this guy
« Reply #3884 on: June 10, 2020, 11:17:05 PM »

hes a high school pitcher who didnt even pitch this year....combine that with the phillies historical talent evaluation inadequacies and theres a humongous chance hes worse than corny randy 
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 262   Go Up