Around the NFL - 2017

Started by Diomedes, February 10, 2017, 07:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 17, 2017, 01:03:45 PM
Curious timing here...Panthers fired their GM

I can't remember any year with so many GM firings after January. Bills, Chiefs, Panthers, and that racist team in DC.

And to me, the weirdest GM thing this offseason is still John Lynch getting the 49ers job with absolutely zero applicable executive experience.

PhillyPhreak54

I agree about the firings. Especially this late in the year.

I can somewhat see Lynch getting a job. Kinda like Millen where he was around the game because of broadcasting. The comparison ends there as Lynch has always been pretty cerebral thanks to his Stanford education. Plus you have ownership in SF who doesn't really have a clue.

MDS

millen was a total meathead OLD SCHOOL football guy who had no earthly idea how to run a front office...lynch is a super smart dude who i would bet came into this as experienced as he could considering he didnt have experience. meaning he called, he talked, he listened, etc.

millen def went out drinking then shrugged his shoulders and drafted a wide out
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah that's why I said the comparison between the two ended with their broadcasting experience.

Jaws and Mayock were also rumored to be considered for FO jobs

ice grillin you

you don't have to be smart to be a good NFL gm
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

ravens showing interest in kap

Sgt PSN

I hope dude lands somewhere.  He's not very good but he's certainly good enough to be on a roster. 

Diomedes

I would LOVE to see him in this town.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on July 27, 2017, 12:37:12 PM
I hope dude lands somewhere.  He's not very good but he's certainly good enough to be on a roster.

not claiming he hasnt had a massive fall off or that hes a top 10 qb but hes way better than deserving to be on a roster.....hes easily good enough to start in this league full of shtein sauce at qb

look at his numbers last year on a putrid offense

General_Failure

Baltimore is probably the perfect city for him to get a fresh start. No one in this zesty league is going to give him a starting job, and nobody's going to be calling for Flacco to be benched. He'd get some time to play while Flacco deals with back issues, and maybe turns it into a starting job next year for Washington after they completely farg up their Cousins situation.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Tomahawk

You of all people should know the 2016 election was more important than football

Diomedes

Baltimore is a great fit because:

a.) it's chocolate
b.) it's liberal (and so is the owner)
c.) despite his amazing performance through the playoffs and Super Bowl, delivering to these purple camo-clad idiots a second Lombardi, they love to hate on Flacco.  You'd think he puked the game away, to hear these ingrates bitch and moan.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

not that nfl fans arent the worst but that poll is misleading

12% of fans said they watched less nfl. of that 12%, 26% cited kap kneeling as the reason. carry the 2 add the 7 thats like 5 people and theyre probably lying.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.