Carson Wentz, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by MDS, April 20, 2016, 02:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagaholic

There aren't many Wentz plays I'd call moronic, but that was the worst of them. I think it was 2nd down around the Giant's 20. It took points off the board unless Jesus told him Elliott wouldn't hit it anyway. Even then it's still dumb. When escaping pressure he often runs with a waddle or looks like a skater taking off, he needs to understand he isn't s fast as he thinks he is.

Diomedes

If it looks like a duck and ducks like a duck and waddles like a duck.  It's a duck?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagaholic

Quote from: Diomedes on October 24, 2020, 06:37:09 PM
If it looks like a duck and ducks like a duck and waddles like a duck.  It's a duck?
If Wentz goes out and hurts his knee on a play when a fowl should have been called but wasn't, and gets treated on the sidelines and sent back in by some quack, but still goes out and lays an egg anyway, and doug appeals the non-call BUT looses, does that set a lame duck precedent? Because I'm all IN with that.

PhillyPhreak54

The hounds are being released. And this is totally plausible and believable. Wentz is homies with Press Taylor. If he's not being held accountable and he's hero balling in practice and not honing his mechanics and decisions then here we sit.

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/1328495133105516544 21

General_Failure

So grow a spine and fire his babysitter. It isn't that complicated.

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

lol at all these explanations -- he doesn't practice right, he tries to do everything, he's not being coached well, he's not being held accountable (whatever that means)

maybe he's just not that good

General_Failure

Maybe Frank Reich took with him the brain the coaches shared when he left.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

maybe hes an average qb on a bad team

average qbs on good teams can look really good sometimes! carson's season just happened to be in year 2 and made people assume he was an mvp level talent.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

QuoteOn plays with 0 pass rush wins -- meaning no defender beat his blocker within 2.5 seconds of the snap -- Carson Wentz has a QBR of 44. Dead last.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Zanshin

Inexcusably bad this year. I think it's more mental than physical, but regardless, he's simply not right. If they were smart, they'd give him some bullshtein injury designation to just give him little time to reset, because it's pointless to play him like this.

Rome

They've coddled him enough.  Get it together or head out like a newborn.

Diomedes

Quote from: Rome on November 23, 2020, 03:23:09 PM
They've coddled him enough.

Wholeheartedly agree.  The organization is a baby zone for players, especially old and expensive ones.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

No one respects loyalty more than I do but football is a cut throat business.  Imagine Belichick being sentimental with anyone. 

If you aren't getting the job done, bye.   Lurie doesn't have it in him to be ruthless.

Howie shtein the bed repeatedly since 2017 personnel-wise and Doug's luck has run out.

Time to move on from both of them. 

QB Eagles

The Eagles are so farged with the Wentz contract that the most realistic way for the team to be competitive again before 2024 is for Wentz to regain his form. There's like maybe a 5% chance of that happening tops and that's still more realistic than the other scenarios. If he is anything other than a good starting QB (whether he's a bad starter or a backup), his contract absolutely prevents them from fielding a competitive team. That's what is stopping them from benching him permanently, cause it would be giving up on any hope the team is good for years. The Eagles are not willing to do a Process-level rebuild and intentionally suck for that long.

I'd be all for a short-term benching to clear his head like what the team did with McNabb that one year, but I guess they fear that would farg his head up even more, and virtually guarantee his starting career is done. Especially if Hurts does okay and becomes the locker room favorite. So they're just gonna keep trotting him out there in the hopes he either turns it around or gets injured so they have some other excuse to bench him without seeming like they are giving up on him.

The situation with Howie or Doug is different. They could be fired tomorrow if Lurie thought it would help. Sentimentality/loyalty probably is the main thing keeping them in place right now. But they are contractually hitched to Wentz. They gave the NFL equivalent of a long-term supermax contract to a player who's not good.