This Is Gonna Suck: 2016 Phillies Season Thread

Started by MDS, April 04, 2016, 04:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

What is so cool about AT&T is the energy from the crowd.  Here comes in a team 13 games out of first having an absolutely horrible month but the last two games were like playoff games for those fans.  They go ape shtein on every hit, run, good defensive play, etc.  It's like that every game there since they opened that place.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

QuoteA Philadelphia Phillies minor league pitcher suffered a potentially career-threatening eye injury in a freak training accident in the Class A Florida State League late last week, his agent confirmed to ESPN.com Monday.

Clearwater Threshers pitcher Matt Imhof, the Phillies' second-round pick in the 2014 MLB first-year player draft, suffered a "significant injury to his right eye'' during postgame arm care band work, agent Adam Karon said.

Imhof, 22, was taking part in a routine stretching regimen after a game at Brevard County when a piece of equipment malfunctioned and he was struck in the right eye, a baseball source told ESPN.com. Imhof has undergone surgery and is likely to need further procedures, the source said.

Imhof, a 6-foot, 5-inch left-hander out of Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo, received a signing bonus of $1,187,900 from the Phillies as the 47th overall pick in 2014. He has struggled with his control in professional ball and recently begun transitioning from the starting rotation to the bullpen.

MLB.com ranked Imhof as the Phillies' No. 19 prospect in 2015, but did not include him among the team's top 30 prospects in its 2016 rankings.

Only shocker with this happening to the Sillies was that the player wasn't Crawford or Williams.

PhillyPhreak54

Well Williams was benched again tonight for managerial reasons

So there's that

MDS

its either because he slammed his helmet or didnt work the count enough

i get doing it the first time around but hes not 16 anymore.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Geowhizzer

Rome

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Geowhizzer

This may be the most stupid team (baseball-wise) in major league history.

MDS

geo with the #hotsportstake

coming in LUKEWARMISH
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Eickhoff dancing in and out of trouble the last few innings.  Or the Diamondbacks are just choking in RBI situations.

Don Ho

Franco swings at the worst pitch I've ever seen for strike 3 with the bases loaded, clearly ball 4 that would have plated the go ahead run.  Of course Choke has a great AB and draws the walk.  The universe is strange.  We Win!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

Quote from: Geowhizzer on June 28, 2016, 11:04:04 PM
This may be the most stupid team (baseball-wise) in major league history.

Definitely the worst baserunning team in the history of the MLB

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

phils want lance mccullers in the giles trade....didnt get him. instead got VV and this cat

QuoteMark Appel had surgery today to remove a bone spur from his right elbow. His season is over. Expected to be ready for spring training.

also moniak 1-4 in his gcl debut