2016 Head Coach Search

Started by Butchers Bill, December 29, 2015, 07:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

Today's Gruden quality rumor is Tom Coughlin (would require permission from Giants).

QB Eagles

Already interviewed:

Duce Staley, Eagles RB coach
Pat Shurmur, Eagles OC
Adam Gase, Bears OC - hired by Dolphins
Ben McAdoo, Giants OC - hired by Giants
Doug Pederson, Chiefs OC
Tom Coughlin, former Giants coach - withdrew from consideration

Just keeping info in one place. No rumors, only solid reports. Will add new names when applicable and cross off guys when someone else hires them.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Coughlin now?  Really??

What in the actual farg is this team doing?  Can you imagine Coughlin having to deal with that greasy little pipsqueak, Howie?

Hilarious.

QB Eagles

Quote from: QB Eagles on January 09, 2016, 08:15:51 AM
Already interviewed:

Duce Staley, Eagles RB coach
Pat Shurmur, Eagles OC
Adam Gase, Bears OC
Ben McAdoo, Giants OC

Reportedly going to be interviewed:

Doug Pederson, Chiefs OC
Teryl Austin, Lions DC
Dirk Koetter, Bucs OC
Paul Guenther, Bengals DC
Tom Coughlin, former Giants coach

Schefter's now saying the Coughlin interview is likely happening on Monday. The shtein's for real I guess.

ice grillin you

so a guy who hasnt coached anywhere for almost ten years is blindly contacting the owner thinking he can talk him into giving you the job and the next two interviews are a guy who a couple years ago was a quality control officer and a 70 year old

I hated the chip hire but at least they identified a next level guy they wanted and went for it....this now is a deer in the headlights shtein show
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

rappaport reporting that the coughlin thing is more of a meeting than an interview

the eagles probably just want to ask a proven winner who carries around as much respect as you can get in the game: "so tom, how do we go about not sucking?"

Sgt PSN

Fwiw, just saw a little blurb that says Gase has a 2nd interview scheduled with the Fins, so they weren't able to close on him. Eagles and Fins were the only teams listed as having a 2nd interview. So if he's your top choice, then I'd say things are looking good.

ice grillin you

gase is locked to Miami...hes gonna sign today at the second "interview"...its really a signing not an interview

also the eagles never had a second interview with him....that was a false report

SD

Gase to the Fins looks like a lock

Mixed feelings on Coughlin. On one hand he has a proven track record, has 2 SBs under his belt, has a no nonsense approach yet his players don't despise him, think a QB like Bradford (assuming he's re-signed) could benefit under him, change of scenery would benefit him. On the flipside he's old and has had a rough past couple of seasons.

Coughlin isn't a PP guy, he might give some imput but that's never been his thing. He's a coach. I don't see him bumping heads with Howie.

If you were in on Payton and Harbaugh, I see no reason you wouldn't be in on Coughlin. None of the other candidates knock my socks off.

ice grillin you

imo hiring coughlin would be an unmitigated disaster

I don't want my head coach to be in his 70's

the only exception to that might be if this was a case like the early 2000's where the eagles couldn't quite get over the hump...and you wanted someone like coughlin with a championship resume to come in and take that next step...but a middling team like the eagles who don't necessarily need to rebuild but also are nowhere close to being a contender I want something fresh

I could see coughlin coaching one year here going 5-11 and being like farg this im tired and I just wanna go fly fishing...peace out

then they gotta start all over

Sgt PSN

Yeah, no sooner than I posted that, I saw another report saying the deal is done with Miami.

Coughlin is weird in the sense that he is a good coach, but his 2 SB were both from out in left field. The Giants weren't dominant teams in either of those years, they just peaked at the right time. Maybe his coaching had something to do with that, but I have my doubts.

ice grillin you

it wasn't signed yet of course but gase to Miami was done yesterday

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 09, 2016, 10:28:09 AM
Coughlin is weird in the sense that he is a good coach, but his 2 SB were both from out in left field. The Giants weren't dominant teams in either of those years, they just peaked at the right time. Maybe his coaching had something to do with that, but I have my doubts.

hes a great HOF coach theres no arguing that...to try and poke holes in his resume is silly

I just don't think hes a fit....I honestly cant even picture him in teal green next year especially after watching his presser...that cat bleeds big blue then two months later hes going to have an office at novacare?...I aint buying it....forget the age thing which is very concerning id be surprised if his heart was even it in from that standpoint

like I posted tho Rappaport is portraying this as a meeting of the minds....a feeling out session more than an interview...hopefully they just wanna pick his brain as sort of a consultant

either way wtf are the eagles doing?

Rome

Considering how many times the Eagles kicked the Giants' asses when Coughlin was the coach, maybe he wants to experience a win for a change?