2016 Head Coach Search

Started by Butchers Bill, December 29, 2015, 07:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Quote from: rjs246 on January 08, 2016, 02:59:19 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 08, 2016, 01:50:42 PM
I like Gruden in the booth...

You cannot be farging serious. He is worse than any color man I've ever heard. Everyone is 'the greatest' or 'the hardest working' or 'the most impressive' or 'amazing' or 'incredible'. He's a farging moron who has ruined monday night football. I keep the broadcast on mute or don't watch.

"He leads the league in grit"

ice grillin you

hes so bad at mnf that hes good...everything rjs says is 100% true but gruden is so awful and over the top that he cracks me up and actually makes the game which is usually awful somewhat entertaining

the best of gruden tho is on his draft camp shows in the offseason...holy shtein is he a clown on that but its such a great thing to watch
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah he's entertaining...much more colorful than some of the drones they trot out there on other broadcasts

SunMo

Phil Simms is the worst by 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

if peyton manning wants that job i wonder if theyll use it as the excuse to bounce nantz and simms....its an unbearable bad pairing
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

The thing about Gruden on MNF is that no matter which player he's talking about, he talks about them as if they are the best player to ever step on the field, or as if he's the leagues best kept secret if its a lesser known player. And god forbid he call Charles Tillman anything besides peanut.  It's like he's constantly trying to remind everyone that he knows that Tillman has a nickname....like the rest of us could possibly forget.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on January 08, 2016, 04:58:06 PM
Phil Simms is the worst by 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%

about 10-15 times a game sims is straight up wrong on something...and not like a bad opinion but literally wrong and rarely will he ever correct it...he just goes on like nothing happened

rjs246

Chucky is an idiot and an insult to the intelligence of his audience and needs to die in a fire. Full stop.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SunMo on January 08, 2016, 04:58:06 PM

Yeah...he's farging awful

Put him and Dick Stockton on a call and the world would end

QB Eagles

Simms really is the worst color NFL guy and it's mind-boggling that he's on the #1 CBS team when he shouldn't have a job at all. He gets progressively worse each year too. I guess it's name recognition, which is pretty sad when you've got an alltime great QB like Dan Fouts on one of the lower teams. If only Fouts had played in New York.

ice grillin you

hue jackson to san fran and gase to miami seem to be locks

doug pederson train full steam ahead wooooo wooooooo

PhillyPhreak54

For whatever reason they showed no interest in Hue

Probably bc he's a strong willed dude and that ain't happening on Howie's watch

And yeah Gase seems to be going to MIA

Still no McDermott interview either

AshishPatel81

Head coaching searches are such a crap shoot. I have no reason to believe Gase will be a better head coach than Pederson or vice versa. You pick a guy you like and hope for the best. I can't say Pederson will be a bad hire. I'm willing to give him a shot.

ice grillin you

I agree if all things are equal or even near equal its a crap shoot....but pederson is not close to being equal with anyone on the market....his resume and experience is as underwhelming as it gets...he might be ready to be a real coordinator....cant imagine hes ready to run a team....doesn't mean gase will be good but pederson gives you the worst possible chance imo

also college coaches with no pro experience aren't a crap shoot they are a virtual certainty to suck...its one of the reasons I knew chip would fail