Rest Of Baseball - 2014

Started by Rome, January 08, 2014, 02:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Maddux, Glavine and the Big Hurt into the HOF.

Morris out.

MDS

morris only had a chance because of 1 game....not a hof pitcher by any stretch. laughable even with maddux and glavine on the ballot.

biggio not getting in is just stupid. no one likes them and they used steroids for some period of their careers but bonds and clemens are even worse omissions. love how old baseball writers get to punish people for something everyone did and something thats been prevalent in the game since the late 1960's.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

LeBatard was the one who gave up his vote to Deadspin

QB Eagles

More importantly who were the corksuckers who didn't vote for Maddux? These voters are the worst.

PhillyPhreak54

Go read what Marty Noble said...he basically said the speeches were too long among other gibberish.

They need to revamp this system. Include more than just the crotchety grumpy farging newspapermen who will no vote people because they didn't get good quotes from a guy.

MDS

and people are missing the point even with le batard...why does he have a vote

on what planet is he covering baseball. he does a radio show and tv show. he doesnt have time to go to the ballpark and talk with people or even watch games. i seriously doubt he saw more than 2 maddux starts in person.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

you dont have ever needed to see one pitch by maddux in person or on tv even to know he should be in

baseball nerds dont believe in the look test anyway....its all about stats

id much rather have someone like lebatard have a vote than bill james

i obviously know its all about roids....but the craziest thing to me about the vote was a 500 hr AND 3000 hit guy not getting the requisite 5% to even stay on the ballot
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

The juice explains the power numbers but not the hits.  I don't care if you rape kittens.  You get 3,000 hits and you're IN.

MDS

raffy had that positive tests and hes still pleading ignorance...in fact he brought up sabotage yesterday

QB Eagles

The thing that bothers me the most is that it isn't as if Major League Baseball has banned any of these players. If MLB wants these guys out, it has a way of doing so. All of their stats are considered perfectly valid by MLB, too.

The writers make the picks because they are supposed to know a lot about baseball. Not because of their superior morality. They aren't there to be the morality police. Identify the best baseball players for the Hall, iceholes. Leave the enforcement of baseball rules to MLB.

Rome

I think it's funny that people who never played the game get to decide who gets into the Hall of Fame.    No wonder it's such a farging joke.

ice grillin you

baseball hof is by far the best in the world....which is why so many people catch feelings over it

and i love punishing the roid monkeys by not voting them in....but espcially the dickheads like bonds and clemens
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

The egg is mostly on the face of baseball because they turned a blind eye towards the steroids usage. I would bet money that they maybe even encouraged in behind closed doors.

What LeBatard did was not even close to some of these curmudgeonly iceholes who turn in blank ballots like they're the goddamn morality police. farg that...if you're entrusted to vote in a HOF class then you do it. It is one thing if you feel a guy is not worthy for baseball reasons, but to not turn a ballot in because of the length of speeches, because the guy didn't talk to the media or whatever other fairy tales were spun by these clown voters is a crime. Turn in a blank ballot? Vote revoked.

Eagles_Legendz

It's dumb Bagwell and Piazza will end up getting in and Bonds won't.  That's the problem with the steroid stance.  People who used but weren't definitively caught will make it because they were luckier.  It's lame and makes the process a joke.

Sgt PSN

I guess Lebatard was either booted from the BBWA or at the very least was stripped of his voting privileges.  I don't agree at all with what he did, though I do agree with why he did it if that makes any sense.