Around The NFL - 2014

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 03, 2014, 06:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Who do you guys like for MVP this year?

I'd go JJ Watt simply because he stood head and shoulders above everyone else defensively this year. A complete wrecking ball in most games, and there were multiple times he completely took over games, which is nuts for a D-lineman.

No QB stands out to me. They will probably give it to Rodgers, which is a joke. Obviously he's a great QB but I watched just about all the Packer games and it didn't look like an MVP performance to me. I don't think it was one of his three best seasons. The writers just like blowing him, similar to his predecessor. Actually I think the closest to an MVP season any QB is having might be the rapist in Pittsburgh, who has terrible pass protection and who flies under the radar because a lot of his TDs are being cashed in by Le'Veon Bell. But Roethlisberger, Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Romo... they are all on a similar level this season.

PhillyPhreak54

This is the year for a defensive player to win it. Watt is very deserving of the award. He's had a phenomenal season.

Agreed on Rodgers...none of the QBs are worthy I think.

When do they vote? I think if Watt has another huge game Sunday he could lock it up

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 23, 2014, 08:32:33 PM
I think if Watt has another huge game Sunday he could lock it up

I doubt it. A number of them have already written that it's unthinkable to give it to anyone but a QB or RB. Why? I have no idea. Lack of original thinking among sportswriters, I guess.

The MVP in 1982 was a farging kicker. That's too much original thinking.

PhillyPhreak54

Sports writers are generally stubborn clowns, as evidenced by baseball HOF voters, so it's not shocking they'd turn their noses up at awarding a defensive player the honor.

He deserves it. But they'll vote Rodgers. Or maybe even Peyton.

PhillyPhreak54

@DTGoteraKHOU: J.J. Watt in 2014: 17.5 sacks, 25 tackles for loss, 47 QB hits, 10 passes defensed, 3 forced fumbles, 5 fumble recoveries, blocked EP & 5 TD

I mean...goddamn

hbionic

Just for shteins and giggles...did the Eagles pass him up when he was drafted?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

I saw exactly one houston game this year and Jordan mattews was laughing his ass off at jj watt for being out of shape.....wouldn't get my vote
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah I'm gonna say Matthews was wrong on that one

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: hbionic on December 23, 2014, 09:54:58 PM
Just for shteins and giggles...did the Eagles pass him up when he was drafted?

2011 draft

Nope. They took a certain fellow whose favorite movie is probably Backdraft

hbionic

I just re-read the Eagles 2011 Draft. I threw up twice.

PhillyPhreak54

Only twice?

Wait until the dry heaves come...taste so good

hbionic

How is this franchise lucky enough to get talent like Westbrook and McCoy? Yet, how cursed are they that they land on the Eagles and go nowhere?

QB Eagles

Quote from: hbionic on December 24, 2014, 12:35:53 AM
Yet, how cursed are they that they land on the Eagles and go nowhere?

They can go cry to Gale Sayers, Floyd Little, Earl Campbell, OJ Simpson, and Barry Sanders. OJ might stab 'em. The Eagles over the last 15 years are basically a Super Bowl team compared to the shtein piles surrounding those guys their whole careers.

hbionic

LOL. that makes me feel better. I'm so isolated in my Eagles-only world that I need to be reminded sometimes that there are less fortunate beings.

MDS

if the texans make the playoffs you can make a case for watt

otherwise pick:
rodgers
wilson
brady

id actual go wilson because his WR core is terrible....lynch is a beast of course but without wilson making plays with his feet and his 3-5 insane throws a game they wouldnt score any points whatsoever

put the ultimate average qb--kyle orton--on all 3 teams. the packers would have about 9 wins now. NE would have 10. seattle would have maybe 6.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.