Around The NFL - 2014

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 03, 2014, 06:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

Quote from: SD on July 25, 2014, 06:04:27 AM
What other job outside he military punishes you for stuff you do in personal life?

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 25, 2014, 07:59:30 AM
What other job outside he military punishes you for stuff you do in personal life?

any job in the private sector

Pretty much. At least any job worth a damn. But I do agree completely with SD in the fact that it's bogus to suspend players (or fire employees) for their personal problems or lifestyle. The entire "you represent your employer" nonsense had gone on long enough.

I do not represent my employer outside of the workplace. I represent myself and my family. I am a reflection of them, not some corporation. It's that type of mindset that has allowed corporations to be viewed as people in the first place.

I understand the need to have higher standards when it comes to certain jobs like public office, military/police/etc,  but it's mostly a stupid practice and should probably be illegal.

Josh Gordon smokes a joint and is done for a year. Charlie Sheen does blow off hookers asses and gets a new show. Why?   Because Hollywood don't give a shtein what people do when they aren't at work.

smeags

if players dont like being suspended for things in their personal life try to negociate it out of the next CBA. until then don't smoke pot & don't cold cock your woman on video or go try out hollywood where it doesnt matter as much.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Geowhizzer

The only thing on your list that's suspension worthy is the PEDs. A dude clocking his wife and smoking weed are personal issues that the NFL has no busy policing. What other job outside he military punishes you for stuff you do in personal life?

If I am arrested, I am out of a job.  Pretty much guaranteed.

Rome

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on July 25, 2014, 11:23:42 AM
Josh Gordon smokes a joint and is done for a year. Charlie Sheen does blow off hookers asses and gets a new show. Why?   Because Hollywood don't give a shtein what people do when they aren't at work.

its pretty much like real life....brothers on the street having their lives ruined for a dime bag....but when a women 911's a domestic violence call most times the couple is told to cut it out and don't make the cop come back tonight
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagaholic

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 25, 2014, 07:59:30 AM

any job in the private sector

I do not represent my employer outside of the workplace. I represent myself and my family. I am a reflection of them, not some corporation. It's that type of mindset that has allowed corporations to be viewed as people in the first place.

I understand the need to have higher standards when it comes to certain jobs like public office, military/police/etc,  but it's mostly a stupid practice and should probably be illegal.

It's a good point. Corporate mindset tries to get its tentacles more and more into people's private lives and personal time. Same thing for example with sending emails to personal addresses, especially to per hour employees, which they are expected to read on their own time, or 'expected' attendance at off hours events.

A bit off topic but since we were talking about the Ray Rice thing - I must be a bit twisted for LOL when I saw this headline. SD, is that OK?
QuoteMORRISTOWN, N.J. (AP) — A New Jersey man has been convicted of fatally stabbing his ex-wife 84 times and covering her face with a pig mask.

ice grillin you

it has nothing to do with corporations....in fact you are probably safer committing a crime working for a corporation than a small company

corporations for the most part could give a rats ass about your personal life as long as you are making money for them and they are making money in general

with pro sports its different because their salaries are being paid by the fans and more importantly the advertisers....thus they all have personal conduct clauses in their contracts...so rightfully they are held to a higher standard
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagaholic

These days companies will shteincan an employee for saying something negative about the company on facebook.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Eagaholic on July 25, 2014, 03:10:09 PM
These days companies will shteincan an employee for saying something negative about the company on facebook.

I don't really disagree with that. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Bitch about your boss or your company all you want, but don't put it in writing or on the Web for all to see.  Now you're just being an idiot and asking for trouble.

QB Eagles

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 25, 2014, 03:02:57 PMwith pro sports its different because their salaries are being paid by the fans and more importantly the advertisers....thus they all have personal conduct clauses in their contracts...so rightfully they are held to a higher standard

The leagues are also exempt from federal antitrust law. They go out of their way not to annoy the federal government on drug issues so that their exemptions are not threatened. When morality cop politicians demand that the leagues get tougher on steroids, they usually publicly muse about the extent to which the leagues are legally protected.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 25, 2014, 02:46:18 PM

its pretty much like real life....brothers on the street having their lives ruined for a dime bag....but when a women 911's a domestic violence call most times the couple is told to cut it out and don't make the cop come back tonight

100% false.  If a cop gets called on a DD someone's going to jail.

smeags

Quote from: Rome on July 25, 2014, 03:54:01 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 25, 2014, 02:46:18 PM

100% false.  If a cop gets called on a DD the guy is going to jail.

correct
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

QB Eagles

Carl Nicks and the Bucs came to some kind of mutual financial agreement. Sounds like he's done with football.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05