Random Musings about Fantasy Football thread

Started by Diomedes, August 03, 2013, 09:12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

So with this fan duel thing.....do the player salaries change from week to week, based on yearly performance to date, or are the prices fixed for the entire season? 

SD

I'm up 22 pts. in my other league, dude I'm playing has the Niners D and Janikowski left. Before kickoff I was an 88% favored to win. After that pick I'm only up by 5 pts. and am now favored to lose. What the farg is wrong with you Matt Schaub you farging scrub.

Munson

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 06, 2013, 06:07:01 PM
I'm pretty sure choosing Alex Smith as your fantasy QB is what killed you.  Decent QB and efficient, but he's not dropping fantasy points in bunches.

In most leagues, he's been the 5th or 6th most scoring QB in fantasy this season. He's been a perfect fit for Reid's offense.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

reese125

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 06, 2013, 06:10:23 PM
So with this fan duel thing.....do the player salaries change from week to week, based on yearly performance to date, or are the prices fixed for the entire season?

change every week

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SunMo

so Igy has alfie morris and adrian peterson on bye this week and i'm thinking i should be ok...

then every single one of his players goes off and goes way above their yahoo projection and he hangs 197 on me.  what the farg

romo, alshon, james jones, nicks, woodhead, moreno, graham, prater

the perfect fantasy team
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

i am so pissed i didnt get that 200 piece

whats funny is that half of those players you listed I picked up in the last seven days....anyone could have had them
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

reese125

yeah we got a battle on our hands tonight.

i knew rivers would get those points and give sarge the lead, just need my kicker and def to kill it as well.

Sgt PSN

I'm pretty sure Reese is going to take it this week.  I needed a bigger night from Rivers because Smith is going to turn the ball over and give Atl defense points.  Cool concept for fantasy football though.  Doubt I'll play every week because I'm not dropping $100/month on fantasy football, but I'll definitely jump in every now and then.   

Munson

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 07, 2013, 10:15:16 AM
I'm pretty sure Reese is going to take it this week.  I needed a bigger night from Rivers because Smith is going to turn the ball over and give Atl defense points.  Cool concept for fantasy football though.  Doubt I'll play every week because I'm not dropping $100/month on fantasy football, but I'll definitely jump in every now and then.   

We could always lower the buy in next week. Maybe do a $10 spot or something like that.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Quote from: Munson on October 07, 2013, 10:34:57 AM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 07, 2013, 10:15:16 AM

We could always lower the buy in next week. Maybe do a $10 spot or something like that.

I like this idea, I have a $25 bonus assuming Powell doesn't get me 100+ yards and a few tds

reese125

we dont have to play $25 every time. i could have made the matchup $5, but the payout would have bought you a pack of gum. if we would have done $10 at 4 players the winner would have gotten $36.

i was in (3) $5 tourneys this week. although i didnt take top 5, in one of them I took 21st place out of 3000+ people and got $90 out of it. thats a pretty good return on a measley $5.

perfect example: this week. $300,000 prize pool $25 entry fee.

1st place  $25000, 2nd--$12000, 3rd--$8000 and payouts down to 1270th place. i dont care how many people there are (and there will by thousands) it only takes one week of picking the right players and you're coming out making money

Sgt PSN

Oh, damn.  That's some nice coin.  I really didn't take the time to check out the site itself and how the whole thing works, but my interest level just went up quite a bit.