Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

I actually think it could be a path to save Dorne, depending on what they do...

But yeah I seriously wanted more Doran and Hotah. Ugh.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagles_Legendz

I feel like they realized they farged Dorne so bad last year that this was their attempt to quick fix it.  Definitely could have just not been included at all in the show though.  Book Doran is a super smart sneaky boss along the lines of Varys.  Show Doran not so much.

Munson

I wonder if the Sand Sankes/Ellaria [spoiler]have an Aegon up their sleeves. Otherwise I don't see how they'll be relevant, as Dorne isn't marching on Kings Landing and I don't think the Lannisters will be marching on Dorne[/spoiler]
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

QB Eagles

Couple bad plot holes I noticed: since when we those Sand Snakes on the ship with Trystane? Pretty sure I saw them on the dock last episode.

Also I don't think Mel was wearing her necklace every time we've seen her. Especially that naked bath scene with Stannis' wife.

Eagles_Legendz

They're going to say sand snakes came aboard after Jaime left to come ashore.   It's a dornish ship after all.

Not sure about the necklace.

QB Eagles

So the Sand Snakes took another ship to King's Landing that we didn't see? Or did the ship go back to Dorne already?

Eagles_Legendz

The former is how they'll handle it I think.

QB Eagles

Alright I just checked. The ship is still in King's Landing. So they kill Myrcella with poison, then follow the ship and kill Trystane with their weapons. Why not just do them both if you're going to sneak onto the ship anyway? Or both with poison? If everyone in Dorne is in on this plot other than the Martells and the guy who brings Doran his messages, why not just slaughter everyone on the ship as soon as it leaves Dorne, Jaime and Bronn included? Instead of killing the son of the guy responsible for the death of Elia, they kill Elia's brother? That's some weird-ass revenge.

If Aegon the Conquerer had this many plot holes at his disposal he also could have conquered Dorne no problem. [Actually Aegon not conquering Dorne by just burning every building or semblance of agriculture in Dorne never made much sense to me either.]

smeags

have to re-watch that episode tonight.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

Quote from: QB Eagles on April 24, 2016, 11:54:36 PM
Alright I just checked. The ship is still in King's Landing. So they kill Myrcella with poison, then follow the ship and kill Trystane with their weapons. Why not just do them both if you're going to sneak onto the ship anyway? Or both with poison? If everyone in Dorne is in on this plot other than the Martells and the guy who brings Doran his messages, why not just slaughter everyone on the ship as soon as it leaves Dorne, Jaime and Bronn included? Instead of killing the son of the guy responsible for the death of Elia, they kill Elia's brother? That's some weird-ass revenge.

If Aegon the Conquerer had this many plot holes at his disposal he also could have conquered Dorne no problem. [Actually Aegon not conquering Dorne by just burning every building or semblance of agriculture in Dorne never made much sense to me either.]

This ^^^^ is all nitpicky shtein. It's one of the reasons I'm waiting till the HBO series is over before I invest in reading the books.

smeags

that's why I stopped reading the books. im letting the series do its own thing. I know 4 & 5 are said to be tough reads but ill get through them. after the series. at this rate ill be retired and living romeysville before the next book comes out anyway.

Eagles_Legendz

I honestly think they just realized they butchered Dorne last season so instead of spending time they didn't have trying to correct a storyline people dislike, they just decided to chop through it immediately.

smeags

does that mean, no more epic sand snakes tatas ?

QB Eagles

That girl can't act, so if they wrote her into this season and can't find an excuse to get her tits out again, that's the worst GoT writing yet. It's basically a mistake every time she's on the screen with a shirt on.

smeags