Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

I agree.  Fortunately I don't think we'll be getting much Dorne this year.  Also, from what I've gathered Bran's storyline this year seems promising and I usually dread when he's on screen.  With Theon and Sansa gone hopefully we get a reduced number of Ramsay torture too.

Eagaholic

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Munson

1st Season 6 trailer is here. Dropped it out of no where.

Might be slightly NSFW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuH3tJPiP-U
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

smeags

Eagles_Legendz

I choose violence.  Yasss

QB Eagles

Euron in the house.

Think I spy the battle at the Tower of Joy in there too.

Munson

Yeah there's at least two Tower of Joy scenes there. The scene where it shows what definitely looks liek a young Ned and 5 other people (should be 6!) and then two northern garbed men fighting a guy with armor that has the Targaryen sigil on the chest. My guess is the show is going for the "Kingsguard armor was different under the Targs" thing.

I don't think that was supposed to be Arthur Dayne though, as the casting said he was carrying a "famous sword", so you'd think the show will show off Dawn. D&D being the nerds that they are, you would think they would really want to bring Dawn to the screen. Maybe it was Oswell Whent.

What looked like Mel putting her hand on Jon's face....Not sure whats' going on with Davos at the end there. I love the showdown between Lancel and Cersei too. "I choose violence". FrankenMountain ready to go.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagaholic

And what's up with Bran standing when he meets the Night's King? My guess is it's some kind of dream/vision thing. I don't like how the WWs are looking more and more human and less WW-like as the seasons go by.

smeags

Seriously, if you didn't get a nerd boner from that, you're dead obviously.

QB Eagles

By the way, death to whoever decided five years ago that 95% of trailers should use a zesty cover song.

smeags

Munson

Eagaholic

If they had any sense they would have had the dragons make their entrance to the theme of Rocky

Eagaholic

Garry Kasparov names his new book "Winter is Coming," which is probably of passing interest to most GOT fans.

Kasparov is considered by many to be the greatest chess player in history so he's not exactly a retard. I think it's fascinating to imagine how a mind with that kind of capacity to understand strategy and geopolitical forces perceives the world and its power players. I'd love to hear his analysis of GOT one day. He has his biases but it's a great interview if you have an interest in Putin and Soviet politics. 

http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2016/01/20/the-exchange-garry-kasparov-forecasts-bloody-regime-change-in-russia/