Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Such a farged up show

QB Eagles

Episode kinda sucked until Meereen I thought. Also I don't really get leaving Dany's four advisors surrounded by hundreds of Harpies at the end. But hey at least there was some cool dragon stuff. It saved the ep.

Going to Dorne has been such a colossal misstep for this show. Other than strategy sessions between Doran and Areo Hotah, let us never see it again.

Eagles_Legendz

This will be the first time when people bail on the show and I don't blame them.

I know where they're going with what happened to Shireen next episode (I think anyway) but it seemed sadistic and gratuitous and just for shock value.  And no Stannis doesn't farging murder his daughter in the books.  Awful.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on June 07, 2015, 10:32:57 PM
And no Stannis doesn't farging murder his daughter in the books.  Awful.

Sure he does. It's in Winds of Winter. At least according to the Inside the Episode stuff.

Welcome to being in the dark, book readers.

Eagles_Legendz

Shireen isn't with him in TWOW.  I wouldn't be shocked if Mel does it but that's not the same thing.

QB Eagles

I do have to say it didn't make sense to me for Salyse to be the one to crack emotionally. Since when did she give a shtein about that kid? But if Stannis cracked obviously the execution wouldn't have been carried out.

Eagles_Legendz

QB Eagles

So Hizdahr wasn't the Harpy? Apparently Daario wasn't either? Or was the idea that this group actually had a single leader just totally wrong to begin with?

Munson

Ugh...so rough to watch.

farg #teamBolton though....I absolutely need Stannis to kick the shtein out of the Boltons. Then Brienne or Davos can kill Stannis for that bullshtein. The North re-uprises under Sansa's direction, and the Umbers bring Rickon to Winterfell to be the heir.

I was also surprised that Salyse is the one who cracked. But, as you said, if Stannis did, then it wouldn't have happened.

Dany riding Drogon is a BFD. Not all Targaryens successfully rode dragons.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

Quote from: QB Eagles on June 07, 2015, 10:44:17 PM
So Hizdahr wasn't the Harpy? Apparently Daario wasn't either? Or was the idea that this group actually had a single leader just totally wrong to begin with?

Yeah I definitely assumed Hizdar was with the Sons of the Harpy. He was acting shady as shtein.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

QB Eagles

People are down on the Mannis for killing his kid, but Dany didn't exactly cover herself in glory this episode. Congrats on running a bloodsport, Caesar.

The Brotherhood Without Banners is looking better every day.

Diomedes

Quote from: QB Eagles on June 07, 2015, 10:36:48 PMWelcome to being in the dark, book readers.

This guy Martin is a train wreck.   Dude is in the dark himself, making shtein up as he goes.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

smeags

What a farged up episode. I guess Dany flying out on the dragon will connect with bran down the road ? Hopefully after a re-cast ... I still think hizdahr was involved with the sons of harpy but was willing to die to kill dany.

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Zanshin

I'm pretty schizophrenic with the series. I vacillate wildly from, "wow, cool show," to "why the farg am I wasting my time on this trainwreck?" I've enjoyed parts of it, thought parts were boring, thought other parts were dorky, and on and on. I watch and I'm interested in some of the storylines, but when you guys use the names I'm pretty lost, which means I'm not paying attention that closely. I'm hoping that there's some redeeming storyline that comes out of the scene with the kid; something that makes that scene important and not just shock for the sake of it.

It's just weird, because it's one of the few shows that I'll watch live as it comes on...then when I'm watching I'm usually a little bored with it. But I watch it anyway.

rjs246

That shtein was brutal. All of the rape stuff was distasteful to me, but the child-killing shtein actually makes me not want to watch. The one thing that gives me hope is that the last character who murdered children got the Ramsay Bolton treatment, so hopefully Stannis will die with his own cock in his mouth.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.