2013 Point and Laugh at the taterskins thread

Started by SD, January 27, 2013, 10:41:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyPhreak54

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/12/30/the-10-worst-moments-of-the-shanahan-era/

Quote9) The Monday Night Massacre

On the field, one of the lowest moments of the past four years came during the Monday Night Massacre, a 59-28 mauling applied by the Eagles and Michael Vick at FedEx Field. This signified so many touchstones of the Shanahan era: a helpless defense, an embarrassment at home (the taterskins were 2-6 at FedEx Field in three of Shanahan's four seasons), a disaster in primetime (the taterskins went 0-5 in primetime this season), and a bunch of records set, of the wrong sort.

The taterskins allowed 592 yards, the most Philadelphia had ever gained. They allowed 59 points, the most in Monday Night Football history. They gave up 45 points in the first half, tying a franchise record for defensive ineptitude. They gave up 280 yards in the first quarter, the most in NFL history.

"The humiliation for the taterskins' defense was nearly as thorough and complete as any in the 79-year history of the franchise," Barry Svrluga wrote then.

And making it all the more perfect: before the game, the taterskins announced a lengthy and pricey contract extension for Donovan McNabb, whose tenure in D.C. was already nearing its end. "This is what Donovan wanted: to have a long career in Washington and end his career here," his agent said before the blowout.

McNabb would go on to throw three interceptions in the humiliating loss to his former team.

SD

I forgot about the Haynesworth conditioning test fiasco.

shorebird

How much is Snyder going to have to kick up to get anyone worth his salt to coach that cluster farg of a organizations team?

Pointing and laughing.

Rome

Cowher worked for literally the greatest owner in the history of sports and he's going to leave a cushy tv gig to work for l'il Danny?

Laughing and pointing and then some more laughing. . .

SunMo

cowher has been out so long that he's a dinosaur.  no way he can come back and be effective anyway.  that would be such a Danny move.  it's the coaching version of Bruce Smith and Deion Sanders
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

QB Eagles

Quote from: SD on December 30, 2013, 10:51:09 AM
I forgot about the Haynesworth conditioning test fiasco.

That whole Haynesworth experiment was one of my favorite taterskins "oops!" events ever.

http://www.youtube.com/v/XFzp3uHua40?version=3&hl=en_US

Mocking this clownish, racist organization never gets old.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PhillyPhreak54

http://es.taterskins.com/topic/369932-i-think-we-all-know-a-good-football-team-when-we-see-one/

llllloooooolllllll from August

QuoteAnd this iteration of the Washington taterskins is a good football team. I know it's preseason. I know we have a lot of youngsters. But we are beating every level of every depth chart of every team we have faced thus far.

I don't care if none of the teams were jaugernaughts last season. We have had brain farts and stupid penalty after stupid penalty, and we are still beating the brakes off the teams we have played this preseason.

Sgt PSN

Hardcore Zornography. That's as far as I read when I clicked on the link.

BigEd76

QuoteFSmoot21SeanT
I just spoke with Greg Williams and he is very interested in the taterskins HeadCoaching job.....I think Greg could help taterskins Nation...

Sgt PSN

MDS

can danny just come full circle (sort of) and hire schottenheimer jr?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.