Social Media

Started by Diomedes, July 18, 2011, 04:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

Isn't that Tammy's brother?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

smeags

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 08, 2016, 01:17:39 PM
Edited for your clarification because the obvious typo was obviously not so obvious.

Obviously.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Susquehanna Birder

Picked up on an interesting Instagram feed today. Dude works on a Russian trawler, and he takes pictures of the strange shtein that gets pulled up from the depths.

https://www.instagram.com/roman_fedortsov/

Eagaholic

no, yes, no, head only, no, no

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

gross.

luckily facebook is dying off with old heads like us anyway. young people don't do that shtein anymore.

ice grillin you

i always very uncomfortable with facebook and how they always looked the other way when it came to enforcing hate speech and fake news but i gave them the benefit of the doubt since how the hell can you possibly keep up with it...but this latest shtein basically is zuckerberg saying we dont give a farg what goes on we dont give a farg about anything except getting more members

they werent unable to police the hate
they werent even looking the other way
they actually welcome it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

well there are 63 million idiots who believe something in their facebook feed but not something on nbc.

guess the power has gone to his head.

Sgt PSN

FB is still incredibly popular with the 40+ age group...especially among the MA crowd.  It's what most people in that age demographic are familiar with and what all of their friends use and they aren't going to change to the tweets or snapchat because change isn't something that crowd is particularly fond of.    My farging grandmother got on FB like a year ago for farg sake.  She's 84.  But that's what all her family in Tennessee uses because they're all old and like to share Jesus memes so they can go to heaven. 

And young people are still using the hell out of it too.  Both my daughters are on it regularly. 

PhillyPhreak54

Pretty much. I cringe when I hear Ma and Pa redneck around here talking about Facebook and what they saw/read on there.

It's died off for the younger crowd and it is nothing but a cesspool.

Yesterday there was a report (ended up being false - FAKE NEWZZZ) about a shooting in one of the hospitals here. I made the mistake of looking at the comments on the local news page and holy mother of God...it didn't even gradually devolve into the racist and hate talk. People went ham right off the bat.

These fools go from zero to hate in a second and it turns out to be false. So they talked all that shtein for no reason. Hateful fargs.

MDS

5% of america uses twitter on a daily basis. and its not trending up. its going to wind up being a news compilation source/hub for white supremacists soon. 

2/3rds of america has a facebook page...im not sure how many of them are active users but its something most people are going to have. the kids have moved to snapchat and other things im not aware of to talk to each other and send pictures of their dicks.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

I think a lot of kids have facebook and use it on the regular, but snapchat is definitely the in vogue social media platform for most high school through college age kids.  My kids have both and they use FB daily or every other day but snapchat is definitely their primary means of communicating with their friends. They probably only maintain their fb because of family. 

Munson

Yeah I have a lot of former students who have graduated that use/check Facebook, but I know from their habits in school that they're on Instagram and Snapchat way more often. Facebook also becomes much more useful in college when you're trying to find campus events or friend that weirdo at the party who tried to bang you last week.

Everyone my age still primarily uses Facebook as their main social media.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 23, 2017, 01:21:13 AM
I think a lot of kids have facebook and use it on the regular, but snapchat is definitely the in vogue social media platform for most high school through college age kids.  My kids have both and they use FB daily or every other day but snapchat is definitely their primary means of communicating with their friends. They probably only maintain their fb because of family.

yea snapchat deletes everything after like 24 hours or something, and it doesnt have a website -- just the app. so its perfect for keeping away adults and sending dick pictures. which is what its for. its for teenagers to send dick pics to each other.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.