Re: Random Gun Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, May 24, 2011, 10:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phattymatty

Best sign I saw at the gun march was "I wish Obama took all of your guns"

And damn were those kids good.

Munson

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/10/12/16418524/us-gun-policy-nra?utm_campaign=vox.social&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=1521838710

Reminder that the NRA isn't the NRA of old.

Also, I'd ban handguns and assault-style weapons, but keep bolt action style rifles and some shotguns legal but regulated.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

"Due to the high cost of ammo, don't expect a warning shot." 

"Blue Lives Matter"

Bumper stickers I saw on a car earlier. 

Vomit. 

General_Failure

I saw one of these bad boys on the back of a truck the other day, and that's really all I need to know about the guy driving it.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Tomahawk

General_Failure

Tomahawk

Quote from: Diomedes on March 27, 2018, 11:49:52 AM
Quote from: AO1 on March 27, 2018, 11:43:06 AM

The NRA is a legalized non-profit organization, the KKK and MS-13 are not.

Fine, nevermind the analogy I'm drawing.  Explain yourself:  How do you square taking money from a group you consider "hateful and divisive."  How is that not an endorsement of the organization.

Reconciliation comes through taking money from them; endorsement comes through donating to them

Diomedes

Turns out that the shooter in the St. Mary's, MD school got the gun from his father, who bought it legally.

It's an a priori truth that the shooting could not have happened if the kid didn't have a gun.

So.

Either:

a.) the father failed in his duty to secure the weapon from falling into a child's possession

OR

b.) The Father did everything required by law and perhaps even more...but the child got the gun anyway, providing further evidence to support the claim that you can't safely keep guns; people who shouldn't have them can always get them.

If the former, then the shooter's father should be charged and imprisoned--his son's demise isn't enough punishment for the risk he subjected us all to by being so careless with a grave threat to public health.

If it's the latter, perhaps John Paul Stevens and others who argue for a radical change in the interpretation of 2A, or even its repeal, have the right of it.

We don't have to accept that kids are going to get guns and shoot each other with them in schools, where armed guards patrol and shoot back at them. We are not helpless before the onslaught; guns everywhere is not inevitable.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on March 28, 2018, 08:07:00 AM
his son's demise isn't enough punishment for the risk he subjected us all to

especially the girl who like died
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Gun nuts would say you can't blame the father, he wasn't the shooter.

I've had enough of these people.

Rome

I would gladly turn in my weapons if everyone else did as well.  Not gonna happen, so...

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

General_Failure

Arm the teachers. Stoneman Douglas teacher arrested after leaving gun in public bathroom

QuoteA teacher at the Parkland, Florida, high school where 17 students and teachers were shot to death was arrested for allegedly leaving a loaded gun in a public bathroom.

A homeless man is accused of picking it up and firing it.

According to a Broward County Sheriff's report, Sean Simpson removed his 9mm Glock pistol while using the bathroom at the Deerfield Beach Pier on Sunday and forgot it in the stall when he left to wash his hands.