2011 Flyers Offseason Thread

Started by Rome, May 09, 2011, 02:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Holmgen was hospitalized after a serious bike accident.  Broken ribs, broken shoulder and stitches...

SunMo

a plane carrying a the KHL Team Lokomotiv crashed and everyone died except one person who they aren't identifiying.

Brad McCrimmon was the coach of the team and was on the plane.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SunMo

now they are saying 34 of 37 dead, 3 survivors

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

DH

PhillyGirl

farg, really? Horrible day.

3pm on WIP...Mark Howe will be on to talk about #10
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

im the king of being late on the internets but that post makes me look like nostrodamus

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Oh, I just didn't like the depressing tone the thread had taken on.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagaholic

QuoteChris Pronger took to the ice for a 25-minute skate on Friday and he was able to take some slap shots.
However, he isn't sure if he'll be ready for the regular season opener. "We'll see how I feel tomorrow," he said. "Having not skated and done anything on the ice in four and a half months, you have to take it slowly and see how you feel day to day. I felt pretty good out there, but usually the first time on the ice is when you feel good _ and then it's day two, three, four and five where you're a little suspect, so we'll see how it goes tomorrow." The veteran defender said his surgically repaired right hand felt completely healed, but he'll probably need a couple weeks before he will be able to practice with the team.

ice grillin you

as far as im concerned pronger can sit till christmas....i dont want his old ass playin 75 games this year...let the team gel...then when you get him back around mid season it will be like pulling off a big trade
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 10, 2011, 08:58:12 AM
as far as im concerned pronger can sit till christmas....i dont want his old ass playin 75 games this year...let the team gel...then when you get him back around mid season it will be like pulling off a big trade

Agreed. They showed him skating this morning on sportsrise and this is what went through my head. They're going to make the playoffs even if he doesn't play this season, and home ice advantage in hockey isn't worth the fight.

SunMo

Pronger was named captain today with Briere and Timmonen as the alternates.

PoopyfaceMcGee