Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

getting rid of them is fine

replacing them with jaromir jagr and a bunch of unknowns is not
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

which is why i said still waiting for their power move....

SunMo

when stevie stamkos is in orange and black next year, will you tell me i'm right?

ice grillin you

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 23, 2011, 07:13:32 PM
throwin it out there...will probably be more picks and maybe a player but its gonna happen

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

if those numbers are what they are offering are even close to true then back the farging truck up for this guy

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 05, 2011, 12:25:29 PM
if those numbers are what they are offering are even close to true then back the farging truck up for this guy

So, to be clear...

They need to sign Stamkos or someone of his ilk for you to be happy (and as an added bonus, you are all ready to claim that you called it). But the cost is too high, so you ultimately will complain about the move?

ice grillin you

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 05, 2011, 12:25:29 PM

Quote from: FastFreddie on July 05, 2011, 01:02:39 PM
So, to be clear...

the cost is too high, so you ultimately will complain about the move?

the cost is too high?....what on gods earth are you talking about

your reading comprehension skills would improve vastly is you actually read peoples posts instead of spazzing out flying off the handle and trying to post cute nonsense

there is no price too high for this guy

Rome

Quote from: SunMo on July 05, 2011, 09:16:51 AM
i guess i shouldn't be surprised, considering the phillies thread, but the level of ignorance when it comes to sports here is baffling.

thank goodness we have someone like you here to help us change our ways.

SunMo

oh, you'll never change, i understand that.  it's just fun being proven right every time.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'm not hip to today's finest slang. "Back the truck up" sounds like stopping and reversing field (thus taking a pass). I am assuming that in this context, it means back up the armored truck full of coin for this homey.

So, offseason is massive fail without Stamkos and semi-win with? I need to be educated here. I don't inherently like the Jagr move, but I love that the team finally has a damn goalie. Please tell me what my opinion should be, as I'm lost in my own thoughts otherwise.

Rome

Quote from: SunMo on July 05, 2011, 01:25:41 PM
oh, you'll never change, i understand that.  it's just fun being proven right every time.

Change how, Carnac?  The moves Holmgren has made since he took over as GM have led to exactly zero titles.  But we're supposed to trust that THESE moves will bring a Cup to Philly?  Since when is trading your #1 goal scorer & captain ever been a good idea?

Whatever, though.

Shouting down anyone who has doubts is definitely the best way to spur debate.

SunMo

oh, i didn't realize that "Holmgren is an idiot" was your debate platform.

well done.

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on July 05, 2011, 02:24:34 PM
I'm not hip to today's finest slang. "Back the truck up" sounds like stopping and reversing field (thus taking a pass). I am assuming that in this context, it means back up the armored truck full of coin for this homey.

So, offseason is massive fail without Stamkos and semi-win with? I need to be educated here. I don't inherently like the Jagr move, but I love that the team finally has a damn goalie. Please tell me what my opinion should be, as I'm lost in my own thoughts otherwise.

getting stamkos would be a massive...it would mean they got a real goalie and one of the three best players in the nhl in the same offseason

even without stamkos you can argue that it was a wash...i dont agree with that....but with him its a ridiculous win