2011 Flyers Offseason Thread

Started by Rome, May 09, 2011, 02:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: SunMo on June 28, 2011, 08:14:56 PM
Tampa has said they will match any offer, but they could match and still trade him for a package better than 4 1sts.

JVR
Coburn
2 1sts

will that get it done?

might have to put in Schenn or Coturiere

If they match, they can't trade him for a year.

SD

Geowhizzer

I didn't think that the Flyers would have the cap space to do this - and even after the Richards/Carter trades, I thought they would look at Brad Richards or Cole with any money they had left over, and that they wouldn't get caught up in the Stamkos RFA stuff.  But, where there's smoke...

If they are truly hard after Stamkos, it's like a poker player going all in.  If they get him, fantastic.  If they don't, though, it could preclude them from getting any UFAs of note.  Tampa has a week (after July 1) to match, and if they take their sweet time to make the cap space to do so, it could screw the Flyers over pretty good.

PhillyGirl

Carchidi is going off of Flyer's sources not common sense.

Since when do the Flyers ever reveal ANYTHING? Please.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

flyers are arguably the best organization in all of sports so stamkos could easily tell tampa that he doesnt wanna sign with them and to let him move on...tampa is certainly not in a good money situation (they lost 25 mil last year) but its not all about money
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

DH

Some producer for 620 in TB is reporting that he's been resigned

PhillyGirl

Quote@AnthonySan37 I'm told that if the Flyers decide to give Stamkos an offer sheet it's for $115 mil over 12 years with a full no-trade.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Don Ho

This would make up for the 2002 NFCCG.

On second thought, no it wouldn't.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: DH on June 29, 2011, 01:46:28 PM

false

SD

The more time that elapses the worse off I think the Flyers are. I think the reports of them being conflicted are true. On the one hand Stamkos is incredible, on the other hand that's a lot of cap space to tie up and there are players like Giroux and JVR who are going to need contracts one day.

DH

Quote from: PhillyGirl on June 29, 2011, 09:44:16 PM
Quote from: DH on June 29, 2011, 01:46:28 PM

false

The fact that he reported it was not false at all actually.

PhillyGirl

DH

ice grillin you

i fully expect pg's next post to be all four philly teams won their league this year....and she will believe it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous