Rest Of Baseball - 2011

Started by ice grillin you, March 31, 2011, 01:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Broxton on to close for the Doyers.  Fun fact:  In the 2nd half of last year (after Jun 26) he gave up 29 runs in 25 2/3 innings. 

Sgt PSN

Rowand in pinch hitting and they just said that once Cody Ross gets back that Rowand will probably be the 5th outfielder........making 12mil this year and next.  Good for him. 

Edit:  He just launched one into left off Broxton.  2nd hr he's given up already this year.  LOL

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Is this getting any national press?  Dodger Stadium, farging Latino gang convention. 

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/04/03/BA5H1IP8ID.DTL&tsp=1
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

hbionic

Quote from: Don Ho on April 04, 2011, 02:51:16 AM
Is this getting any national press?  Dodger Stadium, farging Latino gang convention. 

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/04/03/BA5H1IP8ID.DTL&tsp=1

What, have you been in a coma your whole adult life? This is the first time you've heard of this? Welcome to Dodger stadium, where Raider fans take a moment to watch baseball and sport their blues....and kill any hopes of tailgating at Dodgers stadium EVER. My buddy a few years back saw a guy get jumped, and then run over by a suburban suv. Dude under the tires was a Giants fan.

I don't buy that this guy was randomly attacked. Although not justified, he probably responded appropriately to a couple of drunk asses who got pissed off when he probably referenced the championship.

Being a paramedic doesn't make someone a saint:

"Stow is a Giants season ticket holder as well as a devoted Dallas Cowboys fan "

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Don Ho

I had friends who attended the three games in LA during the 2008 NLCS and they honestly feared for their lives at Dodger Stadium.  I was in LA when the Sixers played the Lakers in the 01 Finals and had my Iverson t-shirt on for game two.  Finally found a mellow place to watch the game as every where I went was full of the Raider Nation Gang Bangers in their Kobe jerseys.

I agree with you as I am sure he was just as guilty as far as instigating trouble.  Bay area press is trying to say it was a random attack.  Don't think so.

Bay area native and he's a Cowboy's fan?  Better send Truck Rathman to pay him a visit.

Sgt PSN

I had no problems at all when I went to NLCS Game 2 in 2009.  Sure, people were talking shtein and some threw peanuts at me, but that was about it.  Wasn't really that bad at all.  Of course, I don't think I was sitting in one of the "bad" sections. 

Every section to the left, right, top and bottom of us was full of Mexicans and my section was full of pastey white people bitching about the sun.  It's like my section was  the Puerto Vallarta of Dodger Stadium....bunch of gringos and Chuggie. 

SD

I went to a few Phillies games up there and nobody gave a shtein. Went to one game with my old room mate who's a Giants fan and they were talking shtein and throwing stuff at us.

Sgt PSN

Opening day 2009 a Giants fan was stabbed and opening day 2003 a fan was shot in the parking lot.

So 2 out of the last 3 years and 3 of the last 8 opening days in LA have resulted in someone being critically injured. 

PhillyPhreak54

And Philadelphia fans are sooooooo awful!

Diomedes

LA is a trashy city...F them all.

The O's won their home opener today.

Baltimore could really use a better than .500 showing this season..
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 04, 2011, 08:28:49 PM
And Philadelphia fans are sooooooo awful!

I'm surprised it took this long and I'm surprised that it wasn't pg.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

I was equally surprised so I was picking up the slack, slacker.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on April 04, 2011, 08:30:43 PM
LA is a trashy city...F them all.

The O's won their home opener today.

Baltimore could really use a better than .500 showing this season..

i have them winning the divison
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

they cant possibly win the division but they are gonna be for real
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.