2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

they are seriously sending down brown to keep ibanez even though brown is better?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Wade seriously is a Phils sleeper agent. What the hell is he doing to that franchise?

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 29, 2011, 10:18:01 PM
I cannot wait to hear the reaction to this.

Wade may need security at his house

Apparently there are some familiar threads on the Astros message board.

BigEd76

MDS

pence to bat 5th, victorino up to 2. polanco i assume at 6 when he gets back.

MOVE BROWN TO LF YOU
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: BigEd76 on July 29, 2011, 10:29:45 PM
Smug says they may not be done trading

Running low on viable chips to play in trade, right?

I hope he doesn't pull a boner because he feels like he's playing with house money.

SD

MDS

Quote from: SD on July 29, 2011, 10:37:18 PM
Mathieson was the other ptbnl

lol ed wade does it again

gas can geary, sergio escalona, myers, coste...

PoopyfaceMcGee

Munson

The money over the next few years looks like it could spell the end for Madson and JRoll as Phillies. Between the money they'll have to give Pence, and the absolute need to lock up Hamels long term....I guess it depends on how much of a paycut JRoll will be willing to take.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on July 29, 2011, 10:20:01 PM
Wade seriously is a Phils sleeper agent. What the hell is he doing to that franchise?

pence had to go per ownership and short of getting teaheran or minor which the braves clearly wouldnt do he did the best he could...and he did ok getting another teams top 2 prospects even if neither is a stud

lidge bringing a world series overshadows the fact that what really happened is that the phils have made good deals with houston as opposed to wade making bad deals and getting ripped off
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

Hunter Pence expected in from Triple-A Houston on Saturday, batting fifth, playing right field and wearing No.3.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

I tried to think of a 24-hour period that was crazier in Philly sports history and came up with bupkiss.

We are living in strange times when our sports franchises are exchanging "farg yous" only in the best possible ways.

PhillyGirl

they hate each other and we are (hopefully) reaping the rewards. lol