2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

9.5 games up

but the real test is this weekend in milwaukee. if they lose 1 game they are obviously finished.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

lol

Thoughts on Worley last night? I was impressed with how he got himself out of jams when he clearly didn't have his best stuff (and the HPU was a piece of shtein with that horrendous strike zone).

What do they do with him in the playoffs?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

i would think that Oswalt gets the first look at #4.  Worley would be long man ready to go if Oswalt doesn't get the job done.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyGirl

I think the best thing about Worley, so far, has been the ability to not get rattled when something goes wrong. He's like the anti-Hamels (when Hamels first started). He's always cool in there and that speaks volumes for the playoffs.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

charlie

Worley's going to be the long man most likely. Worley's going to hit a wall at some point, as of right now this is his longest season to date and there could still be two months left.

Rome

I don't care what the pundits say... Worley is definitely deserving of ROY votes.  A lot of them too.

Munson

He should get a few....but Kimbrel has 113 K's through like 65 innings lol
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

They hit on this last night during the game and that the fact that Kimbrel and Freeman both play on the same team may end up benefiting Worley in the ROY voting since the 2 of them may end up stealing votes from each other. 

BigEd76

It's amazing how many called strike 3s he gets, but it's fun as hell to watch when he and Schneider run back to the dugout before the ump makes his move

Rome

Quote from: Munson on September 07, 2011, 10:45:22 AM
He should get a few....but Kimbrel has 113 K's through like 65 innings lol

And Worley has been all but unbeatable as a starter.

A case could be made for any of the three, Munson.

MDS

oh man old man rome on the homer train big time right now

the roy is kimbrel. lights out closer vs. middle of the pack starter getting insanely lucky with run support. your call.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Kimbrel > Freddie Freeman > Worley

I love the AZN mohawk guy as much as anyone, but let's be real here.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds