2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

And then Cliff walks up to Charlie after madson gets the out laughing like "you SOB, if he screwed that up..." :-D
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

Nice work, gas can.

Too bad Lee didn't get to finish it, though.

MDS

Quote from: Rome on August 31, 2011, 10:03:21 PM
Nice job by the incompetent umpiring crew to miss that deliberate hbp by Cairo.

What a crock of shtein.

i guess youve never seen chase utley get hit by a pitch, huh?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Yeah, Cairo did his job.  Put the tying run on second.  Can't get mad at him for that.

Technically it shoudn't have been allowed, but that rule is very rarely enforced.

PoopyfaceMcGee

QuoteLee first pitcher to have 10+ starts of 7+ scoreless innings in a season since Gooden and Tudor in 1985

Rome

Quote from: MDS on August 31, 2011, 10:06:17 PM
Quote from: Rome on August 31, 2011, 10:03:21 PM
Nice job by the incompetent umpiring crew to miss that deliberate hbp by Cairo.

What a crock of shtein.

i guess youve never seen chase utley get hit by a pitch, huh?

No, never.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: FastFreddie on August 31, 2011, 10:08:46 PM
QuoteLee first pitcher to have 10+ starts of 7+ scoreless innings in a season since Gooden and Tudor in 1985

Lee couldn't finish the game tonight.  He sucks.

Sgt PSN

BigEd76

and according to CSN, he's only the 3rd pitcher ever to win 5 games with an ERA under 1.00 in a month twice in one season, joining Walter Johnson and Bob Gibson

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

Quote"That's not good. I should have ran right there. But whatever."

Quote"Anytime you're in the ninth inning winning, and the other team hasn't scored, you obviously want to finish it off," Lee said. "Whatever."

Don Ho

Quote from: BigEd76 on August 31, 2011, 10:20:39 PM

and according to CSN, he's only the 3rd pitcher ever to win 5 games with an ERA under 1.00 in a month twice in one season, joining Walter Johnson and Bob Gibson

I hope people realize how incredible that is.  With all the amazing pitchers the past 100+ years and only have three do that is truly astonishing.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

BigEd76

12:30 start today.  They're going for their first 4-game sweep in Cincy since 1916

MDS