2011 Point & Laugh at the skins thread

Started by SD, January 12, 2011, 04:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Rogers signed a 1-yr deal with the Niners

SD

One of my co-workers is as close to 100% American Indian as you're going to find. Great dude, we joke around a lot...especially about ethnicity. It's all in good fun. We got to talking today about the taterskins and he said that's the only term I would ever take offense to. It would be like calling a Chinese person yellow skin. He said he can't believe they've allowed the taterskins to keep such a blatantly derogatory name for American Indians as their team name for as long as they have. Said every American Indian he knows thinks it's absurd.

Sgt PSN

My squaw isn't a fan of it either.  She doesn't have a problem with the Indians, Braves, Chiefs or Blackhawks because none of them are offensive terms.  She does hate the tomohawk chop though. 

SunMo

Quote from: SD on August 05, 2011, 06:22:56 PM
Said every American Indian he knows thinks it's absurd.

so like 5 people then?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on August 05, 2011, 06:35:07 PM

so like 5 people then?

theres about five sober ones
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 05, 2011, 06:48:28 PM
Quote from: SunMo on August 05, 2011, 06:35:07 PM

so like 5 people then?

theres about five sober ones

True Talk.  I was at squaw's aunt's house this morning....9am she (the aunt) started drinking momosas.  By 9:45 when I left she already had at least 4 or 5 of them and was on her way to blacking out well before lunch. 

Zanshin

ice grillin you

Diomedes

I always wondered why Grandma took a swig on her hot water bottle every once in a while.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 05, 2011, 09:56:57 PM
a mimosa is heating pad water

Not the ones she was drinking.  Wine glass roughly 3/4 champagne and 1/4 oj.  She went through nearly an entire bottle of champagne in less than an hour. 

ice grillin you

im not making fun of the old lady....i love the shtein....but champagne is retardedly easy to drink....i can put down 3-4 magnum size bottles without a whole lot of effort

Diomedes

if you are not lying then I am very goddamn glad I don't drink with you because I cannot hang with that

two magnums have me drunk and hurting hurting hurting the next morning no matter what I do
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Oh yeah....but it'll still hit you fairly hard, especially if it's the good stuff.  I don't know champagne, couldn't tell you what's good and what isn't but I can tell you that her aunt and uncle don't do cheap, especially when it comes to booze.  I didn't drink this morning because I had to drive back up north to the desert but I've gone through a few bottles of the stuff with them before and it's some good shtein and it'll give even an accomplished drinker like myself a very solid buzz, so just imagine what it does to a 130lb injun lady.  The report I got from my girl was that she passed out around 11 and woke back up at 4 and picked up where she left off. 

ice grillin you

dead serious...im not saying i wont be wasted or that i can do it in some crazy short period of time but but ive done it thruout a late evening many times....i love champagne....and those j roget magnums are 8.99 at my liquor store...really cant beat that liver bang for your buck

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on August 05, 2011, 10:37:38 PM
Oh yeah....but it'll still hit you fairly hard, especially if it's the good stuff.  I don't know champagne, couldn't tell you what's good and what isn't but I can tell you that her aunt and uncle don't do cheap, especially when it comes to booze.  I didn't drink this morning because I had to drive back up north to the desert but I've gone through a few bottles of the stuff with them before and it's some good shtein and it'll give even an accomplished drinker like myself a very solid buzz, so just imagine what it does to a 130lb injun lady.  The report I got from my girl was that she passed out around 11 and woke back up at 4 and picked up where she left off.

ive never had good but im pretty sure i wouldnt know the difference btwn good and bad...i def cant tell with wine if that means anything