Brandon Graham, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Diomedes, April 22, 2010, 09:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

All that comes to mind is Harris, Mamula, and McDougle. Maybe 4th times a charm? farg us.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: hbionic on April 22, 2010, 10:54:06 PM
All that comes to mind is Harris, Mamula, and McDougle. Maybe 4th times a charm? farg us.

No comparison.  McDougle maybe, because he was actually somewhat productive.  But comparing Graham to those other guys is ridiculous, they both literally did nothing in college.  Much like there pro careers. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

hbionic

Well...when it comes to the draft...I know only that they come from college. I've haven't heard of 99% of these players...so I form my opinion off of everyone's overreactions.

It makes me feel better that he has potential at being something....at least more potential than Mamula and Harris. I'm crossing my fingers more than McDougle as well.

I'm hoping that he doesn't get shot in the stomach anytime soon.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 22, 2010, 11:13:56 PM
LOL at the overreactions here.

Watch CSN and they "the gov" on, he is pissed saying he wanted Earl Thomas.  Not going to lie I wanted him or Morgan, but this is by no means a bad pick at all.  This was a dude that was on a terrible defense yet still managed to make plays. 

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Seabiscuit36

i've calmed down, just pissed they went for this when Thomas was right there.  I really thought we had Thomas.  I've watched more video, definitley feel better about him, i just dont think he's worth 2 3rounders in this draft, where as a FS would have been. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyGirl

To have him opposite Cole? Everyone has been bitching and bitching about having a guy with a motor like Cole on the other side. You get him and no one is happy. They still have 2 picks in the 2nd.

The whole, "he's McDougle" nonsense is total overreaction.

Everyone seems to (every year) get their panties in a bunch because they have a love affair with some player...and then he goes elsewhere. And a lot of times, that player ends up not being "all that". Not saying Thomas wont' be, but you don't know.

So much for having so much trust in Howie's choices trading away all of these players.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhanInDC

FWIW, there's video out on YouTube of Michigan vs. Iowa. Graham absolutely manhandles Bulaga (who went to the the Packers at 20). He looks like he's extremely good at using leverage.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Drunkmasterflex

PG you are absolutely right...that is kind of what makes the draft so fun.  A lot of people here last year weren't overly excited about Maclin and he turned out pretty damn good for a rookie WR. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 22, 2010, 11:25:56 PM
To have him opposite Cole? Everyone has been bitching and bitching about having a guy with a motor like Cole on the other side. You get him and no one is happy. They still have 2 picks in the 2nd.

some people wanted an edge rusher opposite cole...like someone the offense would have to worry about and possibly take attention away from killa...not a midget oversized OLB type with little burst
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

I've spent the last hour going over as many appraisals of Graham as I could find and I have to say I'm a little more relieved than I was when they picked him.

He was pretty much a consensus 15-20 pick in nearly every mock and he got glittering reviews from all the experts.

Not getting Thomas was a total shock to all of us, especially when they went up the way they did.

Ah well... at least we didn't end up with Tebow (snickers...).

Seabiscuit36

I loved Maclin there, my bro ordered the jersey that day.  I just thought they could have gotten him cheaper based on his value, and maybe have only given up one 3rd
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 22, 2010, 11:31:07 PM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 22, 2010, 11:25:56 PM

some people wanted an edge rusher opposite cole...like someone the offense would have to worry about and possibly take attention away from killa...not a midget oversized OLB type with little burst

Aw, whats the matter? Your wholehearted trust and faith in Howie is wavering?

Apparently, according to the draft chart, they gave up exactly what they should have to get him.

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 22, 2010, 11:25:56 PMEveryone seems to (every year) get their panties in a bunch because they have a love affair with some player...and then he goes elsewhere. And a lot of times, that player ends up not being "all that". Not saying Thomas wont' be, but you don't know.

People overreact one way or another about all the players. It's the only way the draft is at all exciting. The truth is most of us don't know a whole lot about these guys beyond what we've been told, and even if we did we really have no idea how well or horribly they will fit into the Eagles. The Eagles themselves are only guessing.

Might as well pick some players to cheer and boo before the draft so you can at least have some fun with it. If not, then just read PE.com about the picks on Monday instead of wasting time following it.

mussa

I like it. I think him and Cole could be a awesome combo if he lives up to it. Hoping we get a decent safety next
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"