Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

there is no explanation for this but he absolutely sucks this year with RISP. baseball can be a bitch sometimes.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

then why does chuckles keep batting him in high rbi situations?

bat him 2 or 7 and take the pressure off mr. contract year
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

7th would be a total waste

2nd is a good spot for him but polanco is the textbook definition of a 2 hitter and you dont want him hitting 3rd. also hes the only right handed power bat they have, dont give me this mike sweeney bullshtein. werth is hitting in the middle of the order. brad lidge is the closer. accept this.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Oswalt making it look easy.  Just like Lidge.

SunMo

Quote from: KDS on August 05, 2010, 08:10:38 PM

2nd is a good spot for him but polanco is the textbook definition of a 2 hitter and you dont want him hitting 3rd. also hes the only right handed power bat they have, dont give me this mike sweeney bullshtein. werth is hitting in the middle of the order. brad lidge is the closer. accept this.

5th is a total waste the way he hits...who gives a farg.  i feel better about ruiz in a clutch spot than i do werth
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

LBIggle

chooch not living up to his nickname.  shouldve trucked that bitch helms right over.

MDS

Quote from: SunMo on August 05, 2010, 08:14:44 PM
Quote from: KDS on August 05, 2010, 08:10:38 PM

5th is a total waste the way he hits...who gives a farg.  i feel better about ruiz in a clutch spot than i do werth

last year he hit .279 with a .400 obp in risp
08 it was .274 with a .385 obp

this year it's .149, .326

you just kind of have to figure its gonna even itself out....i guess.

Rome

right - when he's playing in the bronx next year.

MDS

he wont be as dreamy all clean shaven with a short haircut

SD

It's great to see Oswalt finally getting some run support

SD

Rome

It's at least 80% Phillies fans there tonight.

CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCH!

LBIggle

Quote from: LBIggle on August 05, 2010, 08:15:05 PM
chooch not living up to his nickname.  shouldve trucked that bitch helms right over.

rescinded.

Rome

Munson

Quote from: KDS on August 05, 2010, 07:38:54 PM
anyone else find what trailer trash did to be really, really creepy? like ff level?

nope. just me?

alright then. i guess i deserve what i get for acknowledging his existence.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Todd+Orodenker
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds