2009 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, November 05, 2009, 12:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpmcgraw

I was in middle school i think tyvm

Rome

Happ pitched great yesterday.   basticho is a clusterfarg.  Choke is barely recognizable anymore.  Eat a pizza, big boy.  Sheesh.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Rome on March 14, 2010, 08:11:09 AM
Happ pitched great yesterday.   basticho is a clusterfarg.  Choke is barely recognizable anymore.  Eat a pizza, big boy.  Sheesh.

I was watching from a distance and at first I thought he was Mayberry.  :o
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

wow

on the surface that makes sense for both teams but im pretty the cards gm would get burned alive if he traded pujols away. meanwhile it would be the greatest trade ever for the phillies, they arent going to resign choke (or pujols) anyway and get an insane upgrade for 2 years.

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

reese125

ha..no brainer article, but damn Buster Olney must be bored out of his mind

PhillyPhreak54

Rome

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 14, 2010, 07:25:54 PM
That would be stupid.

It would be stupid to get the best player of the past 25 years?

smeags

don't believe this for a second but i am assuming pujols is due to make quite a bit more coin then howard this season so there would go that self imposed salary cap.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

Pujols is going to make $16M this year and next while Howard will be making $19M & $20M.

smeags

thats right, for some reason i thought it less than $16mil this year and jumped to $20mil next season.

either way i dont see any validity to this.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyGirl

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyGirl

Don Ho

Thank god.  Not ready to turn third base over to Mr. Dobbs.

PG, who pitched today for the Phils?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.