2009 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, November 05, 2009, 12:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

i know but i just found it laughable that amaro got ranked 19th among the active gm's in the league.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

i'll at least give the phils credit for having the gumption to admit that the highly touted prospect they got in the lee trade isn't ready to face big league hitters yet.  if it were the eagles running the show, they'd still be spinning articles about how great he looks and how wonderful they are for getting him, blah blah blah.  and then they'd keep in him the roster through the first several rounds of cuts before sending him down just to make it look like he's closer to being ready than he really is.  hell, they'd probably just add him to the 25 man roster.

i still hate the lee trade but thinking about how the eagles would handle something like that makes me hate them even more. 

mpmcgraw

This isn't even worth commenting on.  He is still stretching his arm back out from being a reliever last year and even if he wasn't he still hasn't logged enough innings in the minors to even be close to considered ready.  It really doesn't say anything about him one way or the other.  Christ. 

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

I'd say the bigger story is Mathieson being among the first round. He was catching a lot of pub because of how well he was throwing and the two TJ's, etc.

MDS

see that actually makes sense

aumont was never gonna make the squad
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mpmcgraw

I wonder if PG misunderstood the word cut in this context.  Seems plausible.

Sgt PSN

no, i don't think she misunderstood anything at all but was pointing out how the prized prospect from the lee trade isn't even grapefruit league material. 

MDS

they have to trim the roster down and theres no point in keeping a guy who isnt going to make the roster and isnt going to get attention or work around. after the first couple of weeks of st the focus really becomes getting guys in game shape and setting the roster. aumont doesnt factor into that.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

while i agree overall with your post, the phils were pimping this dude pretty hard since picking him up and even though no one thought he'd made the opening day roster, i think that some probably expected him to get a little more work in spring training rather than go back to the minors after the first round of cuts.

mpmcgraw

the only people who would expect that know little about how spring training works or baseball in general

PhillyGirl

Quote from: mpmcgraw on March 13, 2010, 02:44:01 PM
the only people who would expect that know little about how spring training works or baseball in general

You're right, I'm too dumb to understand it.

Quotemore mothers voted republican in 04 than like ever because they bought the karl rove line and felt Bush made them safe.  they were essentially the difference in the 04 election.  why am I talking about this?  I don't know.  I'm generally incoherent.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

mpmcgraw

women were the reason Bush won.  every other group voted in the way they are expected too, but soccer moms voted Bush.  THE END

MDS

jesus freaks also voted in extremely high numbers but instigate a 6 year old argument when you were still in elementary school.