2009 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, November 05, 2009, 12:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

its not a debate....the phillies allowed a few bucks to determine whether they would be a clear cut favorite to win the world series vs. be a contender for a world series...thats a fact

you can chose to move past that or you can chose to spend all year lamenting the possibilities....i choose the latter
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

contender vs. clear cut ??? does that even mean a thing unitl you see who has the parade ? kind of silly, even to the point of assinine to do the latter when the final outcome has yet to be determined but it's america and for now you still have the right to do so.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

nine million dollars = couple of bucks?   :-D

you fit like a square peg in the federal gubment, dookie.

smeags

Quote from: Rome on March 05, 2010, 08:37:28 AM
nine million dollars = couple of bucks?   :-D

you fit like a square peg in the federal gubment, dookie.

well it's not his money so like the government 9mil is just a few bucks to him.

ice grillin you

nine million bucks is less than a $3 across the board ticket increase next year...and its nine million for ONE year...that is pennies in the big time world of sports...its not like they were giving 120 million over the next six years

if each owner chucked in a mil five theyd be there

do they really need ross gload AND greg dobbs?

if you just dont care what they did and are more than happy with what they have or youre already over this i can understand...what i cant understand is even the biggest stepfrod explaining it away or defending it

reese125

bottom line is when have the phillies ever in their lifetime had an opportunity to hold those 2 kind of players on their roster

that kind of mindset is the difference

smeags

on paper this year's rotation is much better than the one in '08 and gives us that much more of a chance to win it all.

i just don't see how it's productive to rant endlessly about not keeping lee all year long. they have been to the world series the last two years winning one of them. if the team doesn't win it all this season then yeah, i understand it and shtein i'll probably be sreaming as loud as anyone.

if the phillies are 15games ahead of any team in mlb in mid august are we still going to be having this conversation ?

ice grillin you

Quote from: smeags on March 05, 2010, 09:30:00 AM
on paper this year's rotation is much better than the one in '08 and gives us that much more of a chance to win it all.

i just don't see how it's productive to rant endlessly about not keeping lee all year long.

you dont know me very well

they have been to the world series the last two years winning one of them.

i gave them carte blanche for all of last year because of the 08 title...and in fact i would have given them a free pass for the foreseeable future had they not had this golden opportunity...now im back in their shtein

if the phillies are 15games ahead of any team in mlb in mid august are we still going to be having this conversation ?

yes...because its all about winning the world series not the regular season

smeags

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 05, 2010, 09:39:52 AM

i just don't see how it's productive to rant endlessly about not keeping lee all year long.

you dont know me very well

yes...because its all about winning the world series not the regular season

umm, it took reading all of two of your posts to know everything about you.

and if it's all about winning the world series then why whine about something that hasn't happened yet ?  <- rhetorical question.

i know, i know, it's what you do.

ice grillin you

what fun would sports be if you couldnt study analyze cry cheer jerk off rant slit your throat rave about your team until the end of the season

smeags

have you ever tried going through a season without the crying, ranting or throat slitting parts when it's not needed ?

it's pretty rad.

just sayin'  ;D

Rome

i'm over it because there's nothing i can do to change it.

obsessing over "what might have been" now is sheer lunacy.

mpmcgraw

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 05, 2010, 09:16:16 AM
nine million bucks is less than a $3 across the board ticket increase next year...and its nine million for ONE year...that is pennies in the big time world of sports...its not like they were giving 120 million over the next six years

if each owner chucked in a mil five theyd be there

do they really need ross gload AND greg dobbs?

if you just dont care what they did and are more than happy with what they have or youre already over this i can understand...what i cant understand is even the biggest stepfrod explaining it away or defending it
Thats not how it works.  No owners throw there own assets in to the team.

The Phillies spend the same % of their revenue as the Yankees.

ice grillin you

i wasnt being literal genius...its to point out how little 9 million bucks is to them

and the yankees also dont have a line in the sand number...thats the key here...not total spending or %'s of revenue...all that is meaningless

the phillies would not fold if they went over budget for one season...they would just go under budget in another year or two...and the once in a lifetime opportunity with the planets perfectly aligned the way they were being able to get halladay and lee is an opportunity that all other bigtime franchises would not have let go by...and that is the disgrace here

smeags

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 05, 2010, 12:24:23 PM
the once in a lifetime opportunity with the planets perfectly aligned the way they were being able to get halladay and lee is an opportunity that all other bigtime franchises would not have let go by...and that is the disgrace here

i think most can agree with that but you hyperbole like no other & make it sound like if they kept both selig could hand the phils the trophy right now but because lee is gone the team might as well throw our hands up because we have no shot.

this before one farging pitch has been thrown in the regular season.