2009 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, November 05, 2009, 12:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

JRoll is funny as shtein and is the vocal leader of the team.

He's not the best player, or the guy everyone looks to on the field to lead em.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

Not the best player, true.  But he's most certainly the captain of this ship.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 25, 2010, 03:27:14 PM
Not the best player, true.  But he's most certainly the captain of this ship.

yup...always has been

culminating with his team to beat proclamation and following it up with an MVP
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

He should have a better year with a true #2 behind him now. And having Victorino's average and speed towards the bottom of the lineup is a big plus after the black hole it turned into last year.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

i'm telling you, sean... dupont fumes.

smeags

yeah i didnt really know the leadoff hitter needed to be protected in the lineup.

Sgt PSN

i still think that victorino would probably make a better leadoff hitter and that jimmy would be much better served hitting lower in the lineup.  i think the only reason jimmy is still at the top of the order is because he's the leader of this team and you don't bat your captain 7th. 

Munson

Quote from: sean_sec227 on February 25, 2010, 05:25:38 PM
yeah i didnt really know the leadoff hitter needed to be protected in the lineup.

I'm talking about when he's on base. Not having someone as baseball stupid as Victorino hitting behind him. He should score more runs/get more steals this year.

"better" doesn't always have to mean average, you funhole.

smeags

Quote from: Munson on February 25, 2010, 05:37:41 PM
Quote from: sean_sec227 on February 25, 2010, 05:25:38 PM

I'm talking about when he's on base. Not having someone as baseball stupid as Victorino hitting behind him. He should score more runs/get more steals this year.

"better" doesn't always have to mean average, you funhole.

hey picklesniffer, are you just baseball stupid or stupid overall ? rollins' own deficencies as a leadoff hitter hold him back more than anything else.

PhillyPhanInDC

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

smeags

Sgt PSN

Munson

You're speaking in strictly average and OBP. Having a smart hitter behind him is going to move him over more often into scoring position for the 3 and 4 slots, and give him better protection when he's stealing.

Go farg yourself, anal wart.

ice grillin you

victorino had more hits...double the amount of walks and 30 pt higher on base number than polanco last year...so where is polanco going to drastically help jimmy

with grit and choke in the 3 and 4 holes it basically renders the phillies #2 hitter irrelevant...no matter who hits there they are going to get ridiculous pitches to hit...and with that being the case i think id rather have victorino who not only crushes polanco in on base avg but also way out slugs him
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous