2009 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, November 05, 2009, 12:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

you're right, wish i still had the email from them because that is sick.

wonder what the 10 national fans that go are gonna think about it.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

they are generally horrified during phillie games

its to the point now that when the phillies play there they actually have lower attendance than if the nationals are playing someone like the marlins because no national fans want to put up with philly heads

i notice this phenomenon during met national games as well
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhanInDC

I don't know that they are horrified of the Philly fans, or the Mets fans. It's been my experience that they know their team is going to most likely loose ugly, and decide not to show. I am convinced there are less that 20,000 real, honest to goodness Nationals fans in the D.C area. For most it's a semi-interesting thing to do on a summer night. Great for me and the fam, because tickets can always be had for peanuts.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Munson

BAseball Tonight is pretty much all Phillies today.

And Halladay saying he wished they kept Lee lol
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

smeags

along with howard and a couple million fans. but amaro had to retool the minors. whatever with that bullshtein. it was all money.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteI asked Carlos Ruiz today what it was like to catch Halladay's bullpen session yesterday.

"Oh my God, it was amazing," he said, describing a cutter that broke right and left with perfect precision, a heavy sinker, and an impressive change-up.

Don Ho

Quote from: phattymatty on February 19, 2010, 09:45:02 AM
i can't find any benefit to joining this even thought i want to.

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/phi/fan_forum/fightin_phils.jsp?partnerId=ed-3200714-124270688

QuoteOpportunity to attend Fightin' Phils Fan Club Night at Citizens Bank Park on Friday, July 23 when the Phils host the Rockies

Members-only discount at McFadden's Restaurant at Citizens Bank Park

That'll really help me here in the islands.

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 19, 2010, 08:04:05 PM
QuoteI asked Carlos Ruiz today what it was like to catch Halladay's bullpen session yesterday.

"Oh my God, it was amazing," he said, describing a cutter that broke right and left with perfect precision, a heavy sinker, and an impressive change-up.

HARD

ON

!!!!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

I'm as stoked as anyone to have halladay but ruiz's comments don't really do anything for me. What's he going yo say, that Roy threw like a little girl?

PhillyPhreak54

Stop raining on the positivity parade, soldier!

Man, the winter went fast. I can't wait for opening day. Stay healthy in ST, jerks.

LBIggle

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 20, 2010, 12:23:41 AM
I'm as stoked as anyone to have halladay but ruiz's comments don't really do anything for me. What's he going yo say, that Roy threw like a little girl?

don't take the little girl title away from cole.. it's all he has left.

ice grillin you

cole still hasnt reached womanhood?

Seabiscuit36

i bought an autographed Cole Hamels picture from Brandywine Sporting Collectibles 3 years ago, it was 50 bucks and the wife didnt like spending that much on it.  Went in there today, same thing is 220 bucks.  Winnar.  Blow me ho
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

only if you can sell it for 200.  which i doubt you could. 

ice grillin you