2009 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, November 05, 2009, 12:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

what do you mean no mocking

do you want to make fun of cliff lee
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: BigEd76 on February 09, 2010, 06:05:30 PM
Ryan got him an Eagles cheerleader

i'd imagine that the "scoring hot chicks" department is the one area of howard's life where he rarely strikes out. 

MDS

im pretty sure his dong reaches her throat
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

I'm pretty sure that half of the northeast's dongs have reached her throat at one time or another.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

BigEd76

According to her, the best moment in Eagles history was 44-6.  Short-term memory = keeper

Quote from: KDS on February 09, 2010, 06:10:02 PM
what do you mean no mocking

do you want to make fun of cliff lee

Hell no, but I gotta put that now since I'm a blatant Philly homer and every bad thing that happens to an ex-Philly player is deserved...

MDS

dont say it like its a bad thing

you are who you are it aint no thing. still love you big guy.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteThe development of Cole Hamels
The Phils' erstwhile ace plans to add another pitch to his arsenal, which currently consists of a fastball, change-up and curveball. The lefty has never fully trusted his curve, essentially rendering him a two-pitch pitcher, and coach Rich Dubee sees that repertoire as insufficient. In an attempt to offset the effect of a subpar curveball, Hamels will work this spring to add a cut fastball or slider (the two pitches are similar and sometimes nearly synonymous).
    Hamels is, of course, trying to rebound from a season that he considered disappointing.  The team believes that the 26-year-old is still capable of being a top pitcher, and this tweak is intended to restore him to that status. Hamels will use spring training games to pursue this project.

Interesting news. Hopefully he will have better luck with the cutter or slider than with that hump-back sloppy curve he lofted up there.

As much of a pimp Halladay is, this season pretty much rides on Hamels' ability to bounce back. They need a knock out 1-2 punch.

Rome

If Heidi develops even a passable slider she'll be pretty much unhittable.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 14, 2010, 02:23:25 AM
As much of a pimp Halladay is, this season pretty much rides on Hamels' ability to bounce back. They need a knock out 1-2 punch.

perhaps cliff lee is available
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Too expensive & they needed to restock the farm system!!

Don Ho

Steve Smith on Amazing Race tonight with his daughter.  He farged up big time but bounced back to move on.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Don Ho on February 15, 2010, 12:52:13 AM
Steve Smith on Amazing Race tonight with his daughter.  He farged up big time but bounced back to move on.

did he try sending burrell from 2nd on a hard single to left? 

SunMo

i've been saying since the beginning of last year that Hammels needs a cutter.  it will keep the righties from leaning out over the plate in anticipation of his change
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

Randy Miller wrote a novel on the inside life of Harry the K....its got a 10,000 word chapter on wheeler and all of the fights and stuff.

Supposed to be really good. Its coming out March 8
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen