2009 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, November 05, 2009, 12:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Shaka Obama approves of the Shaney signing.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Don Ho on January 23, 2010, 04:39:26 AM
QuoteVictorino is one of only seven outfielders who have posted a batting average of at least .280 and an on-base percentage of at least .345 in each of the last four seasons. He is the second-youngest player on that list, behind only Baltimore's Nick Markakis. The others: Ichiro Suzuki, Magglio Ordonez, Matt Holliday, Brad Hawpe and Bobby Abreu.

Eight more players have achieved the feat in three of the last four seasons: Manny Ramirez, Carlos Lee, Raul Ibanez, Vladimir Guerrero, David DeJesus, Johnny Damon and Carl Crawford.

Over the last four seasons combined, Victorino has hit .289 with a .351 on-base percentage and .435 slugging percentage with 102 stolen bases. He is one of only 14 players who have stolen at least 90 bases while slugging over .420 during that time span. The only other outfielders who accomplished that feat are Grady Sizemore, Damon, Abreu, Crawford and Suzuki.

all aboard the pineapple express.  woot woot!

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

BigEd76

Stairs is gone....just signed a minor league deal with the Padres.  He supposedly lost over 30 pounds this offseason...

BigEd76

Ruiz signed a new 3-year deal w/ team option for 2013, so Werth and Moyer are the only players in the starting 8, starting rotation, setup role and closer role that aren't signed through 2011 yet...

Sgt PSN

werth needs to get inked.  moyer, not so much. 

Don Ho

Quote from: BigEd76 on January 23, 2010, 07:27:00 PM
Stairs is gone....just signed a minor league deal with the Padres.  He supposedly lost over 30 pounds this offseason...

Slim Stairs?  That's no fun.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

i wish the phillies would worry more about 2010 and less about 2013
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

what would you like them to do. they have the best team in the nl for the 3rd straight season. if they dont fill in the spare parts by july 31 then bitch and moan.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: KDS on January 25, 2010, 12:04:17 PM
what would you like them to do. they have the best team in the nl for the 3rd straight season. if they dont fill in the spare parts by july 31 then bitch and moan.

Now don't go gettin' Phreak all worked up now.  July 31 will be here soon enough. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

lol

I have a headache already thinking about Moyer, Kendrick, Contreras, me, you, MDS, Havas, Joe Savery and whoever else auditions for the 5th spot.

Moyer will lose, and cry about it.

Kendrick will probably make it, and get shelled.

Contreras will probably be this year's Chan Ho in the BP, which should be OK. Gotta find a catchy nickname for him.

BigEd76

Tyler Walker is sweating his way south to the Nats

MDS

just an fyi the yankees 5th starter is either joba or chad guadin
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

the yanks won the series last year with both of those idiots in their starting rotation in the reg season, so if they're able to eliminate one of them then i'd say that's addition by subtraction. 

Rome

1. Sabathia

2. Burnett

3. Pettitte

4. Vasquez

With a top four rotation like that who cares who pitches every fifth day?

They might win 110 games this year.

:boom