2009 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, November 05, 2009, 12:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

if vic comes on the cheap theres a chance they can long term him and werth, and perhaps have a little left over for choke dog.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

PHillies worked out Eric Gagne? LOL
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

that would be really awesome if it was 2003. 

Rome

So let me get this straight... a potential 10.25 million dollars for fat boy Joe Blanton or 9 mill for a guy who was unbeatable in the post season?

QB Eagles

MDS

i know rome is old but for 1000th time they traded cliff to get prospects back. it wasnt about the money. it was stupid, yes. but not a $ issue.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: KDS on January 20, 2010, 10:28:16 PM
i know rome is old but for 1000th time they traded cliff to get prospects back. it wasnt about the money. it was stupid, yes. but not a $ issue.

i disagree because eventually those prospects are going to want to be paid.  then what? 

Munson

Then they trade em for more prospects!
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Seabiscuit36

2 Gagne's, One City, 2 Teams. DO IT
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

Phils going to wear the powder blues during a road series with the Brewers...1970s Retro Weekend
May 14- 16 vs. Phillies
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 20, 2010, 11:09:04 PM

i disagree because eventually those prospects are going to want to be paid.  then what? 

what

they wont have to pay them anything for like 10 years

Rome

Sgt PSN

Quote from: KDS on January 21, 2010, 11:49:49 AM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 20, 2010, 11:09:04 PM

what

they wont have to pay them anything for like 10 years

lolz

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Rome on January 21, 2010, 03:01:42 PM
Fat Joe signed for 3 Yrs./$24M.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/Phillies_sign_Blanton_to_3-year_extension.html

Not bad.

no, it's not.  but i'd still rather have 1 yr of lee/halladay than 3 yrs of joey bagadonuts