2009 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, November 05, 2009, 12:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

the phillies had the nl east locked up 2 years ago. our competition is the yankees and red sox. end.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

not bad.  said at the end of the article that the phils are offering eyre a minor league contract.  i assume that's because of all those sexy bodies he had in his elbow and that if healthy, they would look to bring him back up to the bigs?

BigEd76

game 4 of the NLDS is on MLBN now as one of those all-time classic ones

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

Drunkmasterflex

Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Don Ho

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on January 06, 2010, 04:15:45 PM
^ kind of scary

Very.

QuoteWho does that leave? A few options: John Smoltz is one that the Phillies have been tied to earlier in the offseason. But interest from other teams could drive up the price. Ditto with Pedro Martinez. So how about Livan Hernandez, Braden Looper, Tim Redding or Eric Milton? No, we're not talking about Cy Young, but if the goal is to add depth and competition for the fifth starter's spot, this is the way Amaro could do it for relatively cheap.

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

uh, no on milton.  i'd be ok with martinez next year but he'd have to be limited to 6 innings max per start because he seemed to wear down quickly in his 2 ws starts. 

PhillyGirl

Sgt PSN

he was one of the most consistent arms in the pen last year, and especially in the post season.  too bad.  thanks for a good couple of years though.  we'll always have 08 and those lose elbow bodies to remember you by. 

PhillyPhreak54

Not surprising. He said he would only pitch for the Phils, so when they offered him the minor league deal, the writing was on the wall.

Lets hope basticho and/or Escalona can pick it up.

The BIGSTUD

Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyGirl on January 07, 2010, 10:19:56 PM
Scott Eyre retired

Maybe they'll buy him a belt as a retirement gift.  I'll miss him pulling up his pants after every pitch.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

phattymatty

QuoteThe Further Adventures Of Pat "The Bat" Burrell

Through a friend of a friend of a friend who worked for the Phillies at one point, here it goes.

The Fightins' are on the road, and Pat brings a young lady back to his room, and they begin sexytime. At some point, Pat decides to turn her over and put it in her ass.

As he's plowing her, he begins to scream, and I quote, "You're Hoyda is jealous! You're Hoyda is jealous!", waking up half the floor.