2009 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, November 05, 2009, 12:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

Quote from: MDS on December 24, 2009, 12:38:16 PM
please dont listen to mikey

hes purposely antagonistic, specifically when it comes to the monetary value of professional baseball players. 

in other words he's an eskinare.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

yes, but dumber and with a more inflated ego. if thats even possible.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mpmcgraw

Not at all. I use logic and reason in evaluating players so in reality you guys are much closer to Eskin than me.

smeags

jihadist - i have read enough of your posts to know your nose just grew 4inches with that last post.

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

lol @ 'evaluating' players

like youre a friggin scout. loser.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

lololol @ logic and reason.

jesus...

Sgt PSN

Eagles_Legendz

People can disagree with his methods all you want but he's 100% right about Rodney.  It's not even like he's throwing out win shares, vorp etc to analyze Rodney.  K/BB ratio, hits per 9, and WHIP are incredibly straightforward statistics that DO offer ways to measure a pitcher's value. 

It's like saying Juan Pierre is a good player because he hits for an acceptable average.  Wins/save % etc are essentially meaningless when evaluating a pitcher or else you think Jamie Moyer had a good year last year and shouldn't have been pulled from the rotation because he was the teams win leader when the Phils yanked him.

Rome

He averages close to 9 K's per 9 IP.  His hits allowed are less than his innings pitched.  For his career.

But he sucks.

PhillyPhreak54

The Anatomy of the Halladay Deal

QuoteNOV. 17, 2008: Philadelphia

Ruben Amaro has been on the job roughly two weeks as GM of the reigning World Series champions, taking over from Pat Gillick. He wanders into president Dave Montgomery's office and, somewhere in the conversation, says: "You know, Roy Halladay is one player, if he ever came on the market, I really think we should take a run at."

As Pinellas County rivals with parks three miles apart in Florida, the Jays and Phillies play each other four or five times each spring.

"I've watched him for 10 years and he's pretty special," Amaro says. "What I like is that he can get ornery on the mound."

Rome

That article was excellent, Jay.

Thanks.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on December 24, 2009, 07:38:59 PM
He averages close to 9 K's per 9 IP.  His hits allowed are less than his innings pitched.  For his career.

but...but...but...he sucks...bring on kyle kendrick
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagles_Legendz

Ok, ignore the fact that he allows 1.5 runners an inning.

BTW, I'm in igy if you want to give me the Phillies -3 over the Braves for $50.

Merry Christmas everyone.

mpmcgraw

Yeah I'll get it on that too if your up for it igy.

MDS

lol @ you actually paying out if you lose

bet me 50 the eagles win the superbowl you little douche. if i get my $ then we know you pay.