2009 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, November 05, 2009, 12:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyGirl on December 23, 2009, 09:23:37 PM
Ho Chi Mihn finding another way to get his money

is this really the best opening they could come up with for that article?

QuoteFormer Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Chan Ho Park is suing the man who caught his balls

ice grillin you

this thread is really painful....geniuses everywhere
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

i'm still trying to figure out how a guy who did his job successfully 37 out of 38 times supposedly sucks.

Munson

It's kinda like Cole Hamels getting 10 wins......
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on December 24, 2009, 09:15:09 AM
i'm still trying to figure out how a guy who did his job successfully 37 out of 38 times supposedly sucks.

because two of the 37 saves the team was up by three runs?

who knows

no one is saying the guy is lee smith but hes 1000 times better than antonio basticho or kyle kendrick

its just shameful that money is still an issue with this team during the franchises all time most succesful period and at a time they should be going all out to win not nickel and diming
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

i think in roughly 27.8 percent of his save chances, he was lucky.  in 34.3 percent one of his teammates saved his ass with a great play, and in the other 37.9 percent of them, god was on his side.

i think.

mpmcgraw

Rodney sucks because given how many people he strikes out, how many people he walks, and how many hits he gives up he is very unlikely to ever be a successful closer again.

Rome

yes, that's why the angels signed him to an 11 million dollar deal.

they gave him 11 million dollars to be brian fuentes' bullpen caddy.

mpmcgraw

Yes, if a team does somthing they mist be right and anything other than a polite clap in response is ignorant.

MDS

if only the phillies hired 18 year old community college students who have access to a calculator and baseball prospectus websites, the world would be such a better place
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mpmcgraw

They apparently didn't need me to make the right call on Rodney.

smeags

if you ask me college kids should not be allowed on sports MB's - they ruin things and should be relagated to their WOW social networks.

smeags

Quote from: jihadist monk on December 24, 2009, 12:03:47 PM
They apparently didn't need me to make the right call on Rodney.

and you know it's the right call even before a single pitch is thrown is spring training ? can ya tell me tonight's winning lottery number too ?

MDS

please dont listen to mikey

hes purposely antagonistic, specifically when it comes to the monetary value of professional baseball players. 
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.