2009 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, November 05, 2009, 12:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

I think he might be pulling his "I heard" comments from Salisbury.

No one knows...and the only person I WILL listen to/trust on this will be Stark.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Eagles_Legendz

I'm officially against a trade that includes Lee AND Drabek unless they're getting Seattle's entire system back.

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyGirl on December 14, 2009, 09:39:51 PM
I think he might be pulling his "I heard" comments from Salisbury.

No one knows...and the only person I WILL listen to/trust on this will be Stark.

Stark:

QuoteThe specifics of the trade took some twists and turns on Monday. The trade's latest structure would send Phillies outfielder Michael Taylor, Phillies catching prospect Travis d'Arnaud and a Phils pitcher -- either Kyle Drabek or J.A. Happ -- to Toronto, sources said. And indications Monday night were that that pitcher was likely to be Drabek. Under that scenario, the Phillies would not have to include their top position-player prospect, Domonic Brown, and they would receive Seattle's top pitching prospect, Phillippe Aumont, who originally appeared ticketed for Toronto.

The Phillies also would receive one other prospect -- believed to be 21-year-old outfielder Tyson Gillies -- from Seattle in exchange for Lee, who is a year away from free agency.

So the Phils lose Lee, Drabek/Happ, Taylor, d'Arnaud, and gain Halladay, Aumont, and Gillies.

Gillies on the Phillies?

Drunkmasterflex

If they get Aumont in return that is pretty damn good, I don't anything about Gillies.  But I remember watching Aumont during the WBC and he looks like he could be a legit pitcher. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

QB Eagles

Aumont would become the Phils top pitching prospect; Gillies is ranked as the Mariners' #15 prospect.

MDS

so they said no farging way on drabek in july and now will trade him? what.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Drunkmasterflex

Until it actually becomes official I won't get too crazy but a lot of these reports just don't make a lot of sense.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

BigEd76

Salisbury says Toronto is sending $6M to cover part of Halladay's salary

PhillyPhreak54

Jesus Christ.

I'm confused. I haven't been on line all day. Is this serious?

If they have little or no option to sign Lee, they have to make this move. As sad as it is to see him go, hopefully Halladay can be the pimp that he is/was in the post season.

I'd prefer to give up Mister Nibbles, JA Happ, rather than Drabek.

I don't know anything about the prospects they would get in return.

Eagles_Legendz

Zolecki is saying none of the prospects from Seattle are going to Toronto, which means it's two separate trades, which is just farging dumb.  KEEP Lee and find someone to take Blanton, it really wouldn't be that hard.

MDS

giving up happ means they have to go with kendrick and moyer or something like that in the rotation. so no.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on December 14, 2009, 10:27:12 PM
Zolecki is saying none of the prospects from Seattle are going to Toronto, which means it's two separate trades, which is just farging dumb.  KEEP Lee and find someone to take Blanton, it really wouldn't be that hard.

They'd end up letting Lee leave at the end of the year for nothing.

BigEd76

They're trading Lee simply for a salary dump.  Damn Moyer....

Jay -- it's basically this:

Lee to Seattle for Aumont (Frenchie from Quebec) and Gillies (Vancouver deaf boy)

Halladay + $6M to Philly for Drabek, Taylor and d'Arnaud

PhillyGirl

Lee wasn't going to resign here next year. And if he did, he certainly wasn't going to give the Phils a "winner"/"hometown" discount as Halladay is claiming to be doing. He already turned down one extension offer saying he wanted to test the market.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Eaglez

Why did they even give Moyer two years guaranteed? 

Halladay long term may be worth it.  This is a really tough trade with all the implications to the Phils rotation and future OF.  Man, not sure how to feel especially since 4 good prospects were just dumped less than 6 months ago.