2009 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, November 05, 2009, 12:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I'll be really farging pissed off if they gave up Lee and a shteinload of prospects.    Giving up Lee would be bad enough, but giving him up plus blue chippers after they gave away decent prospects last year just to get Lee would be Harold Katz-like stupid.

Eagles_Legendz

Actually Stark said the Phillies would trade D'Arnaud and Taylor but get two of Seattle's upper echelon prospects (or one of their top prospects.  Saunders?) back in the deal to keep.

Lose: D'Arnaud/Taylor/Lee
Get: 2 Prospects/Halladay + extension.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on December 14, 2009, 06:24:31 PM
Actually Stark said the Phillies would trade D'Arnaud and Taylor but get two of Seattle's upper echelon prospects (or one of their top prospects.  Saunders?) back in the deal to keep.

Lose: D'Arnaud/Taylor/Lee
Get: 2 Prospects/Halladay + extension.

The names thrown around are high-A relief pitcher Phillippe Aumont, left fielder Saunders who played on the Mariners from July on, and diabetic starter Brandon Morrow who was in the Mariners September rotation. Meh.

Eagles_Legendz

We'll see how it shakes out when it's over.  D'Arnaud is not an elite prospect.

Lets look at it when the deal is done.  I think the move makes it fairly obvious that Lee wasn't planning on coming back after the year.

PhillyGirl

That's a shame...considering this city loved him so much.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

QB Eagles

I think Lee was going to wait and go wherever the money took him. Which didn't rule out the Phillies. But Halladay comes cheaper than market and the Phils don't need to risk losing their ace in a bidding war.

Drunkmasterflex

I was just listening to Kruk and he said supposedly the Phils offered Lee an extension and that he refused it.  He said he likes the organization but he wants to test the waters next year. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Rome

The rumors are flying fast and furious now.  Christ - just about every Phillie prospect and half the active roster has been mentioned at this point.

Crazy.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Drunkmasterflex

If what he says is true that trade is awful.  Taylor, Drabek, Lee, and D'Arnaud.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

QB Eagles

Phils give up Lee, Drabek, Brown, Utley, Howard, the Phanatic, the Bank's concession money, City Hall, and PhillyPhreak54 as a fan. In return they get Halladay for 4 years, but the Jays are gonna hack off his non-pitching arm and give him AIDS.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: QB Eagles on December 14, 2009, 08:48:12 PM
Phils give up Lee, Drabek, Brown, Utley, Howard, the Phanatic, the Bank's concession money, City Hall, and PhillyPhreak54 as a fan. In return they get Halladay for 4 years, but the Jays are gonna hack off his non-pitching arm and give him AIDS.

ha!

Joe, Salisbury is ridiculous. I only posted it to show how out of control he is.

Drunkmasterflex

I realize that people are just throwing shtein and seeing what sticks.  But if that would happen to be true that would be farging retarded.   They would be giving up more than what they would have in the summer. 

Eaglez

If they weren't willing to give up Drabek for Halladay last year, then there is no way in hell they give him up this year after they shed all that talent on the farm.  Ruben isn't that stupid. 

QB Eagles

Here's another diverging report. From Bob Elliott (big baseball reporter in Canada):

Halladay and Aumont to Phils
Lee and Drabek gone

Aumont's a top relieving prospect, but only single A.