2009 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, November 05, 2009, 12:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

this all depends on what the contract extension is for roy

i really dont want to give up brown
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

If it's Lee AND a prospect, It's a little meh.....but just Lee and I can live with it.

Gonna really hate not having a Hallady/Lee 1-2 punch though.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Drunkmasterflex

I don't really care if they give up one of the outfield prospects just so long as it isn't Drabek.  They still need bullpen help so you have to wonder when that is going to be addressed. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

BigEd76

now Yahoo is claiming it's Blanton/Happ/Brown, and Lee's agent hasn't heard anything all day....

it's also possible that 1 of the 3 prospects coming from Seattle is staying here if Brown is involved...

Don Ho

Quote from: BigEd76 on December 14, 2009, 05:25:21 PM
now Yahoo is claiming it's Blanton/Happ/Brown, and Lee's agent hasn't heard anything all day....

Can live with this.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Eaglez

QuoteHalladay is in Philadelphia talking to the Phillies about an extension, ESPN.com's Jayson Stark reports. Halladay has told friends he'd take less than market money to sign with the Phillies -- something in the neighborhood of five years and $100 million.

QuoteLee has told the Phillies he would like to stay but wants market.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4742072

Lee wants market, Halladay is willing to give a "winners" discount.  Makes sense to me.  It would be ridiculously awesome to keep both, but I'd take Halladay for a discount long-term and have a dominant righty in a left-hand heavy rotation. 

Rome

SD_Eagle is actively looking for rjs's dog to kick its ass if this deal goes through as-is (meaning anything involving Lee).

BigEd76

Stark is saying 3-yr extension with 2 vested options and the Phils top catching prospect D'Arnaud might be involved...

PhillyGirl

Quote from: BigEd76 on December 14, 2009, 05:52:27 PM
Stark is saying 3-yr extension with 2 vested options and the Phils top catching prospect D'Arnaud might be involved...

But WHO? Lee, Blanton, Happ?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyGirl on December 14, 2009, 05:54:07 PM

Stark is saying Lee, d'Arnaud, and Taylor/Brown

NGM

Quote from: QB Eagles on December 14, 2009, 05:59:55 PM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on December 14, 2009, 05:54:07 PM

Stark is saying Lee, d'Arnaud, and Taylor/Brown

Don't like it. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

BigEd76

Salisbury thinks it's Drabek

Nobody seems to have a clue...

Rome

They already gave up four prospects to get Lee and now they're giving up Lee, the prospects they gave up to get him and Drabek, Taylor, etc.

Stupid beaner.

QB Eagles

SI says the deal is done but it isn't known who the Phillies are giving up. What a helpful report.

QB Eagles

Stark:

QuoteAs part of the deal, Halladay would agree to a three-year extension through 2013, with a vesting option that could lengthen the deal by another year or two, one source said. The extension is expected to guarantee Halladay in the neighborhood of $60 million, plus the $15.75 million he would make in 2010, the final year of his current contract.