2009 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, November 05, 2009, 12:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

If it guaranteed another WFC in 2010 I wouldn't care one bit if the Phillies gave up the farm to get Halladay.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Rome on December 12, 2009, 01:16:16 PM
If it guaranteed another WFC in 2010 I wouldn't care one bit if the Phillies gave up the farm to get Halladay.

i wouldn't either, but there are no absolute guarantees. 

basically, if the phils get him as a 1 yr rental, then they better win it all in 2010.  if they sign him to a contract then they need to win at least 1 or 2 during that time. 

seeing them win 1 is seriously good enough for me for probably the next 20 years.  especially since they were able to get back again last year.  this team is legit and relevant and even without halladay, will remain so for the next several years so as a long suffering fan, that makes me happy. 

but at the same time, if they have a chance to get the best pitcher in baseball in exchange for a prospect who hasn't done anything at the ml level yet, then i'm all for it.  brown may or may not be the real deal when he makes it to the bigs.  he might suffer a career ending injury in his rookie year.  he might get adenharted.  he might be the best black phillie since ricky jordan.  who knows? 

ice grillin you

me either...the problem is they wont win it if they get him right now
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

you are a ridiculous excuse for a human being
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 12, 2009, 06:15:34 PM

me either...the problem is they wont win it if they get him right now

lol, what? Based on what?

They won it in 2008
They were a legitimate starter (without a vadge) away from winning it in 2009
Not much has changed other than they'd get a starter for 2010.

Tell us again your "logic" behind your rantings?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on December 13, 2009, 08:42:07 AM
Based on what?

karma and the sports gods

and im saying they have no chance if they GET halladay...if they dont get them they actually have a better chance to win the world series...that seems to go against everything you were taught to believe in sports but trust me its the way it works

Sgt PSN

is that how it worked for the d-backs when they aquired randy johnson and curt schilling. or when the yankees picked up roger clemems?  what about when the marlins went out and bought 2 championships? 

your reasons for not wanting this are stupid and supersticious.  just put a rabbits foot in your pocket, hang a horseshoe over your door and say 20 hail mary's and that should pretty much even things out. 

MDS

or off yourself so we dont have to listen to you bitch and moan about getting the best pitcher in baseball
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

mpmcgraw

Its funny because the Yankees won the World Series this year because they bought three players for what, 275 million combined? 

The Phils wouldn't even be buying him theyd be giving up talent to get talent.

MDS

dont try to bring logic into this conversation

mpmcgraw

I just saw this and thought it would fit well here

QuoteBaseball is funny. Use stats that require 3rd grade math and you're "smart." Use better stats that require 6th grade math and you're "dumb."- Keith Law 

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on December 13, 2009, 12:24:36 PM
or off yourself so we dont have to listen to you bitch and moan about getting the best pitcher in baseball

i wont bitch until d brown becomes the best player in baseball...i promise

well maybe a little bit next october when the phils dont win the world series...if they even make the playoffs

trust karma on this

phillymic2000

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 13, 2009, 07:33:01 PM

well maybe a little bit next october when the phils dont win the world series...if they even make the playoffs

trust karma on this

Fargin Drama Queen

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 13, 2009, 07:33:01 PM

trust karma on this

ok, ill trust karma. you idiot.