2009 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, November 05, 2009, 12:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eaglez

DeRosa is looking more like a possibility.  Sucks that a team that goes to two straight World Series and wins one still doesn't feel confident enough in their finances to make an "upgrade" at the position.  I think DeRosa is a fine player and he can play 3B and both outfield corners, but is he any better than Feliz is at this point in both players' careers? 

ice grillin you

hes def worse than feliz...feliz is a legit starting ML 3rd baseman

derosa is a great utility player
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

I'll bet anyone here 10 thousand dollars that the Phillies will sign someone to play third.  Probably a baseball player too.

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on November 18, 2009, 08:18:25 AM
a lot of hawaiians and polynesians are of asian descent, dook.

and white descent too
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 18, 2009, 06:22:05 AM
doesnt even look like the same person....she definitely tried to look like a native at the wedding cause she looks so asian

just like daddy likes it, asian persuasion.

it actually is a different person.  there are two Melisa Smiths.  Vic's wife is more polynesian looking.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

BigEd76

ha

Phillies offseason article

QuoteGeneral Manager Ruben Amaro could make a flurry of one-year signings, designed to win in 2010, or he could make one or two big moves designed to start a new core group, which would eventually include Domonic (*NFP: DOMONIC IS SPELLED RIGHT, HE'S JUST AN IDIOT*) Brown, Michael Taylor and Kyle Drabek, who are all tearing up the minors.

BigEd76

Looks like the Phils are close to signing 37-yr old .230 hitter Juan Castro as Bruntlett's replacement

yea...really

and choke dawg finished 3rd in the MVP voting behind Pujols and Hanley Ramirez.  Utley finished 8th, Werth 17th and Victorino 18th...

BigEd76

now it's apparently a done deal...1 year + team option for 2011, might be announced next week

great

Rome

MDS

so its eric bruntlett, but older and mexican?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: BigEd76 on November 24, 2009, 02:42:38 PM
Looks like the Phils are close to signing 37-yr old .230 hitter Juan Castro as Bruntlett's replacement

yea...really

and choke dawg finished 3rd in the MVP voting behind Pujols and Hanley Ramirez.  Utley finished 8th, Werth 17th and Victorino 18th...

Wow.

Did they have to outbid the Mets to get him?

BigEd76

less than $1M, so it's basically like signing Cairo and inviting him to camp

Don Ho

BigEd76

Moyer was hospitalized due to recurring symptoms from the groin surgery he had 2 months ago

and the Phils signed DeWayne Wise, the CF that saved Mark Buehrle's perfect game back in July