2009 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, November 05, 2009, 12:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Coghlan was like 27 for 57 against the Phils, he could hit lefties just as good as righties despite being a lefty hitter, he could hit for power or average, he had speed and he had defense....plus the Marlins were better than the Braves for most of the season

ice grillin you

he had a fine year...im not arguing against him winning it...just laughing at the first three reasons you gave when a guy who fit all three to a tee won the award
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

you asked why Happ had more votes than Hanson

Rome

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on November 16, 2009, 05:18:26 PM
you asked why Happ had more votes than Hanson

that would be three times more votes

and im still waiting for a legit answer

baseball is the one sport where the voters are complete nerds for the sport and scour over stats before ethey make their vote...stuff like what you mentioned doesnt really happen...i mean mvp awards have gone to last place players

mpmcgraw

your an idiot if you think the people voting for these awards are stat guys.

Jimmy Rollins won an MVP award.  Jimmy Rollins.

Chase Utley who is unanimously considered the best defensive second baseman in baseball in the stat world has not won a gold glove.

It's a bunch of writers like farging Bill Conlin and whats his face that big fat weird looking guy with the glasses thats always on DNL.

PhillyPhreak54

Look at Beane Junior standing up for his boys, the stat geeks!

MDS

mikey cheerypicks conversations to throw in newly read baseball prospectus data. hes not very smart. community college, etc.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: jihadist monk on November 16, 2009, 09:10:13 PM
your an idiot if you think the people voting for these awards are stat guys.

Jimmy Rollins won an MVP award.  Jimmy Rollins.

Chase Utley who is unanimously considered the best defensive second baseman in baseball in the stat world has not won a gold glove.

It's a bunch of writers like farging Bill Conlin and whats his face that big fat weird looking guy with the glasses thats always on DNL.

you dont have to be a stat guy per se...what im saying is baseball voters more than any others comb over the stats of the prospective award candidates...which is what makes happ blowing away hanson so puzzling...it usually never happens in baseball

conlin is huge numbers guy and a genius...if you were 1% as smart as him you wouldnt be a dope anymore

oh and jimmys numbers were nasty the year he mvp'ed your ass

arguably the GOAT philly athlete son...recognize

mpmcgraw

No they weren't.  The way they lined up sounded nice, but he wasn't even the best player on his own team.

ice grillin you

he was the best player in the majors so unless the phillies played in AAA that year im pretty sure he was the best player on the team

mpmcgraw

lol he has never even been close to the best player on his own team.

ice grillin you

mpmcgraw

not in any logical measuring stick of a baseball player

ice grillin you