2009 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, November 05, 2009, 12:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Nice. Feliz was a good dude, but he's done. Via con dios, senor
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mpmcgraw

Tu hablas espanol?  Cuantos anos estudias tu?

PhillyPhreak54

QB Eagles

Quote from: phillymic2000 on November 08, 2009, 07:17:17 PM
I dont think its possible to get worse, even if you go cheaper..

Considering the number of free agent 3rd basemen in their mid-to-late 30s who are coming off injuries, getting better is not automatic. We'll see what Amaro does with it.

Don Ho

Amaro better not farg this one up.  Other than Figgens who else is out there?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

BigEd76

Adrian Beltre
Mark DeRosa
Troy Glaus
Miguel Tejada (if you move him from SS)

mpmcgraw

Sgt PSN

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on November 08, 2009, 09:20:27 PM
Beltre

Figgins aint happening

Beltre is a roid head...no thanks.

Figgins all the way.

Seabiscuit36

by the way, i wish i worked for Madoff, that North Pole sounds like a nice place
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 08, 2009, 10:07:01 PM
Quote from: MDS on November 08, 2009, 09:20:27 PM
Beltre

Figgins aint happening

Beltre is a roid head...no thanks.

Figgins all the way.

Yea it wasn't an endorsement. More of a realistic hope. Figgins isn't coming here. Considering the money they'll have to spend it's not even really feasible.

mpmcgraw

Beltre is better defensively than Feliz and much better offensively and is 6 (?) years younger.

Seems like a slam dunk to me.  He could put up an .850 ish OPS if Safeco really did kill him, but I don't think a .800 OPS out of him with excellent defense is unrealistic.

Seriously though this guy is ridiculous with the glove.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.