Previous topic - Next topic

mpmcgraw

i just saw a pidgeon on the tree outside

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 06, 2009, 08:39:35 PM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on November 06, 2009, 05:01:29 PM
Excellent

http://deadspin.com/5398975/farg-your-parade-yankees

meh, i'm over it now.  i'm still pissed, but my anti-yankee rage has subsided for the moment.  my anger lies with the ineptitude the phils showed during that series.  you want to beat a team like that, with individual players who have contracts bigger than what  alot of teams will spend over 3 years, then you need to show the farg up and play ball.  farg the yanks but farg the phils even more for punking out on the biggest stage any of them have ever been on, and in many cases, will ever be on. 

I'm over it too, but it was funny as shtein.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

I haven't heard or seen one Yankees-related piece since the Phillies lost the other night.  That's what happens when you don't watch sports on television, read the sports pages or otherwise pay one bit of attention to what's going on in the world.

I will say a couple of times I heard announcers begin the word "yan..." to which I immediately began screaming, "lalalalalalala i can't hear you... lalalalala" which, it turns out, is fairly amusing to most people, although not to my co-workers who heard it all day yesterday.

PhillyPhreak54

Myers has more balls than Hamels will ever have on the mound. I bet he has the better overall career.

And I also bet he'll end up in Houston. Which will suck.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyGirl on November 06, 2009, 10:08:32 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 06, 2009, 08:39:35 PM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on November 06, 2009, 05:01:29 PM
Excellent

http://deadspin.com/5398975/farg-your-parade-yankees

meh, i'm over it now.  i'm still pissed, but my anti-yankee rage has subsided for the moment.  my anger lies with the ineptitude the phils showed during that series.  you want to beat a team like that, with individual players who have contracts bigger than what  alot of teams will spend over 3 years, then you need to show the farg up and play ball.  farg the yanks but farg the phils even more for punking out on the biggest stage any of them have ever been on, and in many cases, will ever be on. 

I'm over it too, but it was funny as shtein.

I am shocked how quickly I got over this one.  Winning it last year and beating the Rockies and especially the Dodgers this post season helped ease the pain.  Game 4 against the Dodgers was just amazing.  I can't remember reacting like that to a Philadelphia sporting victory in a long, long time. Sixers beating the Raptors in game 7 of the conference semis in 01was the last time I reacted like that.  Once the bums went down 2-1 and Blanton was up for game 4, I had a bad feeling.  I was actually more pissed about game 3 than game 4. Yankees are tools and even my friends who are true die-hard Yankee fans despise this shtein, Steinbrenners, Celebrity ass lickers, the new stadium, corporate b.s., etc.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 06, 2009, 11:55:14 PM
Myers has more balls than Hamels will ever have on the mound. I bet he has the better overall career.

And I also bet he'll end up in Houston. Which will suck.

Myers blows. He sucks. He's not tough, he's not ballsy. He sucks and he's stupid. He's an icehole. He is white trash oh i see why you like him.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

lol...a white trash joke. That would sting if I was remotely close to being a hick, but I'm not.

MDS

I know, kiddo. It's just that Myers blows. And everyone was tired of his shtein.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Don Ho on November 07, 2009, 12:13:50 AMI am shocked how quickly I got over this one.  Winning it last year and beating the Rockies and especially the Dodgers this post season helped ease the pain.

I'm pretty sure I said after last season that the Phillies get a free pass for 5 years, and for me anyway, that was right. A few days out from losing a winnable World Series against a team I hate, a win that would have cemented them as an all-time great team, and I'm pretty fine with the loss.

Quote from: Don Ho on November 07, 2009, 12:13:50 AMGame 4 against the Dodgers was just amazing.  I can't remember reacting like that to a Philadelphia sporting victory in a long, long time.

For me that's Philly sports moment of the year 2009 right there.

"swing and a drive, right center field, this one is FALLING it's a base hit, it'll go up the alley, bruntlett will score, ruiz around third, he is being waved home THE PHILLIES HAVE WON THE BALLGAME ruiz slides, rollins has won it, they stream out of the dugout, rollins mobbed near third THIS GAME IS OVER phillies strike again with two outs in the ninth inning and they have a three games to one lead!"

Quote from: Don Ho on November 07, 2009, 12:13:50 AMI was actually more pissed about game 3 than game 4.

Oddly enough, Game 2 is the one that bothers me. One run out of six hits, and wasted a quality Pedro start. The series would have been radically different if the Phils had taken the first two in New York, and it wouldn't have taken a miracle to have won that game.

Sgt PSN

games 2 and 3 are the ones that stand out in my mind too.  like you said, just totally wasted a quality start by pedro (again) and then in game 3, they gave mrs hamels an early 3 run lead and he still couldn't man up for 1 farging game.  ONE GAME!  now i'm getting pissed all over again. 

arrrgghh the anger sharks are swimming in my head

ice grillin you

the andy petitte curveball is the only thing in the entire series thats pisses me off...other than that the phillies simply played a better team
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

its the sixers fault for pushing him as a starter for all these years. its not his fault hes been in over his head, but im just sick of it. i will never like the guy.

mpmcgraw

[Biggie]The Phillies declined Pedro Feliz's 2010 option per Scott Lauber[/Biggie]

QB Eagles

So the question is, are the Phillies getting better at third, or just cheaper?

phillymic2000

I dont think its possible to get worse, even if you go cheaper..