the brag about your sports memorabilia here thread

Started by Sgt PSN, October 24, 2009, 09:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

good find sarge. I was digging through my moms garage the other day and found a bunch of old shtein. Wonder how much my authographed Lindros photo is going for these days.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 24, 2013, 01:44:28 PM
now go find me some OG gear or glasses and post them so i can decide if i want them or not

I just bought an og jacket the other day. Had this bad ass Eagles jacket by Apex One when I was in high school.  It got stolen during my 1st year in the Marines. Found it online the other day and bought it, new with tags.

Geowhizzer

Spent a bunch of weekends at spring training sites in the 1990s on an autograph binge with my nephews.  Have baseballs for a crap-ton of players (Daulton, Dykstra and a lot of the 1993 Phils).  For some reason, a lot of older players would come to the minor league stadiums then (got George Foster and Rollie Fingers this way).  Since I've had my own kids (or it could just be hitting my 40s), I just don't have the desire to do that anymore.  Only hit one spring training practice this year, and didn't bring anything to sign.  I have over 100 signed baseballs around the house.

Still have my Calvin Williams football from college.  Got Jevon Kearse mini-helmet because he still has family down here and worked with a local youth program down here.  Tommy McDonald did a show down here and I was able to get him on the cheap (I may have been the only one in line to know who he was).

Got my old Brind'Amour sweater signed when he was with the Canes - they trained in Ft. Myers a few years when he first joined the team.  It hangs in the family room collecting dust.

My favorite piece of "memorabilia" may be a picture of myself and my nephews with Johnny Pesky.  He was a fixture at Red Sox spring training (they are within five miles of my school).  He loved to sit and just talk baseball, and was as nice as could be to everybody.  It was his idea to take the picture with us. 

Being a pack-rat, I still have a ton of magazines.  Old Baseball Digests, Eagles yearbooks, Phillies yearbooks and the like.  Haven't gone through them in years.

DH

Sarge, Im sure youre not looking to sell those, but I'd be all over them (Eagles only, duh) if you are..

Sgt PSN

Nah, I'm not.  But they're all over ebay.  I'm thinking about trying to get a yearbook going all the way back to my birth year so I checked ebay and there was no shortage of them at all. 

I also looked for team photos but the only thing I could find appeared to be some guy who had a bunch of them from different years that he was scanning, printing and selling for like $8.00.  I'll pass on them.   

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

QuoteWe sell lots of authentic Phillies T-shirts.

ha

Sgt PSN

Are they the same ones the players wear on the field? 

Sgt PSN

Had both of these sets growing up.  1 by 1 over the years they cracked, broke, logos faded, etc, etc.  Just copped them for $30 total on ebay. 

Tomahawk

Those are farging sweet...I'll give you $50.

Sgt PSN

Zanshin

I have the ones in the front. I threw a bunch out because I couldn't find a taker and I had too many. Guess I'll have to think about eBay next time.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Zanshin on April 05, 2013, 09:24:30 AM
I threw a bunch out

Dick!

QuoteGuess I'll have to think about eBay next time.

Or, I dunno, post it here. 

phattymatty

Quote from: Zanshin on April 05, 2013, 09:24:30 AM
I have the ones in the front. I threw a bunch out because I couldn't find a taker and I had too many. Guess I'll have to think about eBay next time.

I was filling a big trash bag with old button down work shirts to give to Goodwill the other day, for shteins and giggles I took pictures of a few and put them on ebay. They all sold and the lowest I got for any of them is $5 plus whatever shipping costs. This weirds me out to no end that people will buy used shirts but I guess there's a buyer for everything. Probably already done because I'm not even sure it's worth $5 to wrap shtein and bring it to the post office but for something like those glasses you'd make some solid cash.

Sgt PSN

I've seen individual glasses like the ones I just bought selling for like $10 a pop.  Dude probably couldn't have sold the entire lot for $120, but I'd be willing to bet he could have easily gotten 50 or 60 bucks for them.  T-hawk already proved that.