The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

primetime was essential viewing in the 90s....he was the best ever at it. but hes fallen off beyond calculation the last decad and hilite shows serve no purpose now

this shouldve happened years and years ago
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Why did Comcast let Ron Burke go? He's good

MDS

money and they are moving away from needing anchors for news/hilites....they are getting big time into the hot take business
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Oh jeez. When will the hot take bubble burst?

Nothing worse than some manufactured bullshtein debate.

MDS

to be fair they do invest enough in journalism (for now) on their digital side -- that girl i almost molested, salisbury, frank, panaccio -- the latter 2 are hacks but they are at least embedded journos.

but they are icing out a lot of their familiar names and im sure will be searching for more bayless-types to hot take away

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

that gash that covers the sixers for them...camarota something

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

Philly Mag stupidly killed Birds 24/7

MDS

they couldnt figure out a way to monetize page views, which is all this was contributing. they want to brand themselves as providing a service and product nobody else does...eagles coverage, no matter how good it is, is the antithesis of that.

i get it but i dont like it

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 12, 2017, 02:36:15 PM
Philly Mag stupidly killed Birds 24/7

Does it really matter without Kapadia/McManus? It was a shell of what it used to be.

PhillyPhreak54

That's true but it was still better than anything else

Sgt PSN

ESPN in cancelling The Sports Reporters.  Guessing it's because they spend too much time calling out the NFL for all their hypocrisy and Rog demanded they be silenced. 

smeags

im sure lil guy will clear up any confusion on what happened.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 23, 2017, 04:29:09 PM
ESPN in cancelling The Sports Reporters.  Guessing it's because they spend too much time calling out the NFL for all their hypocrisy and Rog demanded they be silenced.

people havent watched it for a long time...with newspapers dying the show lost its luster...once they started years ago putting tv personalities and not actual reporters on the show it was doomed
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous