Keeper League '09

Started by rjs246, July 28, 2009, 08:30:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Addai ain't gonna help me much, but neither will my bench.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phillycrew

Congrats Dio.  MJD certainly did well for you.  Merry Christmas.

Diomedes

chuggie did great with Peyton, but I did better with MJD

I don't know if you were watching the scoring closely, but it was tight.  Eagles D and Akers nearly pulled out a win for you.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phillycrew

Quote from: Diomedes on December 21, 2009, 06:23:28 PM
chuggie did great with Peyton, but I did better with MJD

I don't know if you were watching the scoring closely, but it was tight.  Eagles D and Akers nearly pulled out a win for you.

Towards the end of the game, I was conflicted about wanting TD's for the Eagles and field goals for my fantasy team.  It was a close one.

rjs246

OK so injuries and indifference tanked my season. Congrats to Dio. Nice team.

A few announcements:

- Indifference is unacceptable. We need to put money on this shtein next year. Not going to break anyone's bank, but something in the $20 range should suffice to keep everyone's attention.

- I have several players who I would like to trade. Mostly WRs. I will happily trade just about any of my receivers for the right draft picks/players. The list: R. Moss, W. Welker, T. Owens, P. Harvin, S. Smith (Car), M. Manningham.

-  Next year's draft order (non-snaking):
1. Flying Flatuses
2. Philly Phreaks (first round pick to Astroglide from the Steve Slaton trade)
3. Billy Mays Fan Club
4. A Bunch of Mexicans
5. Astroglide
6. Philly Crew
7. Boats and Hoes
8. Dio's Ragged Company

farg off.

Enjoy the offseason, suckers.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

ryan longwell can totally put up 12 points tonight icehole!
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

Paying attention to details is my secretary's job. I'm a big ideas kind of guy. Don't bother me with minutiae.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: rjs246 on December 28, 2009, 09:02:54 AM
OK so injuries and indifference tanked my season. Congrats to Dio. Nice team.

A few announcements:

- Indifference is unacceptable. We need to put money on this shtein next year. Not going to break anyone's bank, but something in the $20 range should suffice to keep everyone's attention.

- I have several players who I would like to trade. Mostly WRs. I will happily trade just about any of my receivers for the right draft picks/players. The list: R. Moss, W. Welker, T. Owens, P. Harvin, S. Smith (Car), M. Manningham.

-  Next year's draft order (non-snaking):
1. Flying Flatuses
2. Philly Phreaks (first round pick to Astroglide from the Steve Slaton trade)
3. Billy Mays Fan Club
4. A Bunch of Mexicans
5. Astroglide
6. Philly Crew
7. Boats and Hoes
8. Dio's Ragged Company

Enjoy the offseason, suckers.

going off regular season standings? 

rjs246

Regular season for non-playoff teams. Playoff results for playoff teams... which so far happen to reflect the final regular season standings.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

rjs246

Quote from: SunMo on December 28, 2009, 11:42:08 AM
wrong again idiot

Sorry, the number 3 seed is about to smashy smashy the fraud number 1 seed. A thousand apologies.

(Also, if Matt Forte somehow remembers how to play football tonight I could still win the consolation game. So hopefully he'll die in a car crash this afternoon and I'll get a better draft pick next year. Thanks.)

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: rjs246 on December 28, 2009, 11:41:43 AM
Regular season for non-playoff teams. Playoff results for playoff teams... which so far happen to reflect the final regular season standings.

really?  because in years passed we've gone off of the playoff results for everyone.  i know this because in 2006 i finished dead last (1-13) but ended up 5th place after the playoffs because i "won" the consolation bracket and got the 4th pick in the 07 draft instead of the first pick. 

06 keeper results

from the 2007 keeper league thread:

Quote from: rjs246 on August 22, 2007, 09:05:07 PM
Draft Order based on reverse final standings as they appear now on last year's league site:
1. rjs
2. Mikey (still hasn't signed up)
3. T-Hawk
4. Sarge (still hasn't signed up, but confirmed that he's in)
5. Philly_Crew (was Chuck)
6. SunMo (was Zanshin)
7. HBionic (was FF)
8. Dio

so going by that, i'll end up in 7th place this year and should get the 2nd pick next year not the third. 

i also thought this was funny from the 07 thread:

Quote from: rjs246 on August 22, 2007, 10:06:50 PM
Yeah, I farged up. Munson doesn't have a team to take over. More's the pity.

also, i'm down for dropping $20 on this thing next year. 

rjs246

Ha! I had no idea there even was a consolation bracket. I always just looked at the final standings and did the draft order in reverse. A consolation bracket is ghetto as shtein and doesn't mean a goddamned thing, but if that's how we've done it in the past I guess we can do it that way again this year.

Have I mentioned that we need to put money on this shtein?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

we are putting money on it next year...anybody who doesn't want to is OUT

Sgt PSN

Quote from: rjs246 on December 28, 2009, 12:58:11 PM
Ha! I had no idea there even was a consolation bracket.

i didn't either up until the start of the 07 season and couldn't figure out for the life of me how i ended up in 5th place after finishing the season 1-13.  then i got to pointing and clicking around yahoo and saw the consolation bracket.  i think it's pretty lame and shouldn't count but apparently we've been going off the results from it every year to determine draft order so there's no sense in changing it now.